Join now - be part of our community!

NFC Remote support for Bravia KDL-40HX723

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Charlosa
New

NFC Remote support for Bravia KDL-40HX723

Hi All,

If I've missed a previous post on this topic I do apologise, but I'm wondering if anyone has info on the following query:

I currently have a Bravia KDL-40HX723, happily wired up to my home network. I'm thinking about replacing my current Xperia Arc S with the new Xperia Z and am very interested in the NFC interoperability. I know that the remote clearly needs to be NFC compatible, which I'm certain would rule out the remote I currently have with the KDL-40HX723, but does anyone know whether the NFC functionality is built only into the remote, allowing me to get a replacement NFC capable Bravia remote or whether the television itself needs to be able to directly support the NFC?

As an aside, as my KDL-40HX723 plays very nicely with both my DLNA NAS and the Media Remote App for my Android Tablet, I'm not actually looking to replace the television, but I can't deny I like the idea of the NFC support...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

In order for NFC to work, both devices (ie Mobile phone and TV) have to have the NFC chip and aerial built in.  Unfortunately your TV does not have this, and hence will not work with NFC devices.

Hope that answers your query

Cheers

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

In order for NFC to work, both devices (ie Mobile phone and TV) have to have the NFC chip and aerial built in.  Unfortunately your TV does not have this, and hence will not work with NFC devices.

Hope that answers your query

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Charlosa
New

Hi Quinnicus,

Thanks for the prompt reply - Shame it's not what I wanted to hear, but not surprising really... March of the Technology and all that...

Cheers