Join now - be part of our community!

No sound output to the right on HX 82(3)

SOLVED
profile.country.en_IE.title
ixianboy
Visitor

No sound output to the right on HX 82(3)

Hi,

My TV - a HX823 55" set - has been working fine until today: No sound now comes out of the right. This is not just the right speaker: it's also the right earpiece in a headphone and no sound either from the right speaker in a home theatre set. The TV instead only outputs a click on the right every 10 seconds to whatever I'm outputting to: TV speaker, home theatre or headphones.

The TV is set correctly to Stereo in the Sound. When I choose 'A' (to output to the left only) I get no clicks (but mono sound on left only). Switch to 'B' and I get no sound at all (except the click), confirming there's something wrong with output from the right and that it's presumably in the firmware in the TV.

Independently all other devices - home theatre, headphones - are working perfectly.

What can be done to fix this? I can't have a mono sound TV. If it was just the TV speakers themselves I could at least output to the home theatre system but this affects whatever form I'm using to output sound. Very frustrating when I've spent so much on this set!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there, this appears to me as a hardware fault with the TV. I would log a fault with Sony Support via their website.

Cheers

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there, this appears to me as a hardware fault with the TV. I would log a fault with Sony Support via their website.

Cheers