BudBoy
New

Only TV option available in PAP

TV: KDL40EX403U

I have 3 connections to my TV:

HDMI 1

HDMI 4

AV 2

When selecting PAP I can select any of these for my main screen, however, the only optionthe sub screen allows is TV (either analogue or Digital can be set).

When selecting the inputs for the sub screen Options>PAP>right arrow>Inputs only TV is highlighted and all other inputs are 'greyed out' and unselectable.

I would very much like to use the PAP subscreen on occasions for HDMI 2 and AV 2.

How do I get anything other than TV in my subscreen? 

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Thank you for the pictures - it clearly shows what your problem is.  Unfortunately I do not know either im afraid.  I have had a look at the manual (all be it rather basic) - there is nothing to indicate that it wont work via HDMI, so I am at a loss too.

Best to contact Sony Support - As they may have a resolution for you.

See HERE

Cheers

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have had a look at your TV's manual in regards to P&P (HERE) and it works pretty much the same as my TV.  So basically I made a short demonstration clip that should be easy to follow.

Before you try it though, ensure that you have the device that you want displayed also switched ON - then switch back to the TV.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

BudBoy
New

Thanks Quinnicus - really appreciate you taking the time to try and answer this for me. :slight_smile:

Whilst the video has been great to show that I am actually doing everything correct, unfortunately I don't have my input options available on the subscreen.  

All inputs are on and selectable in the main screen - See pic 1 below

PAP main.jpg

But in the sub screen no inputs are showing as available (all greyed out and unselectable) - See pic 2

PAP.jpg

No idea how to get this working...

:cry:

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Thank you for the pictures - it clearly shows what your problem is.  Unfortunately I do not know either im afraid.  I have had a look at the manual (all be it rather basic) - there is nothing to indicate that it wont work via HDMI, so I am at a loss too.

Best to contact Sony Support - As they may have a resolution for you.

See HERE

Cheers

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Have you tried the other way round? I always use the PAP selecting first the HDMI source and then activating the function that shows the TV channel...

profile.country.GB.title
Nobody-in-particular
Contributor

I have just gone to a neighbours house, they have Bravia EX, and if I am viewing a HDMI source & select P&P I only have the TV & AV1 options available all of the others are greyed out. (although AV1 was available they did not have an AV device conected so can't say if it would work or not)

If I am viewing TV (digital) and select P&P I can select HDMI 1, 2, etc. 

I would seem that you are not able to select HDMI 1 & another HDMI source when using P&P, hope this helps?