Join now - be part of our community!

Problem with Homestream

SOLVED
Russell34
Explorer

Problem with Homestream

It has worked fine for about 6 months, but now it consistently crashes after about half hour on each movie.

The error message I get is couldnt connect to server.

Then I have to restart my laptop for the Homestream icon to reappear on the Tele.

Even then sometimes I cannot connect.

Any idea what is happening?

Many thanks.

Russ

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Without being specific (as I dont know the model of your TV) - there are a couple of things I would recommend you to.

1. Remove all traces of Homestream off your laptop (and reboot laptop)
  2. Goto the TVs Settings > Network > Home Network Setup > Server Display Settngs - DELETE all traces of Serviio off your TV, by pressing the [Options] button on your remote control
  3. Go back to the TVs network Settings and choose "Network Setup" - Resetup the TVs Network settings and give the TV a FIXED IP ADDRESS, by choosing "Custom"
  4. Give your Laptop a FIXED IP ADRESS too - might assist.
  5. Re-install Homestream on your Laptop and config as per normal.

Give that a go anyhow.

Cheers.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Without being specific (as I dont know the model of your TV) - there are a couple of things I would recommend you to.

1. Remove all traces of Homestream off your laptop (and reboot laptop)
  2. Goto the TVs Settings > Network > Home Network Setup > Server Display Settngs - DELETE all traces of Serviio off your TV, by pressing the [Options] button on your remote control
  3. Go back to the TVs network Settings and choose "Network Setup" - Resetup the TVs Network settings and give the TV a FIXED IP ADDRESS, by choosing "Custom"
  4. Give your Laptop a FIXED IP ADRESS too - might assist.
  5. Re-install Homestream on your Laptop and config as per normal.

Give that a go anyhow.

Cheers.