Join now - be part of our community!

Purple / Green Screen - Bravia KDL-32EX401

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
jwg-hd
Visitor

Purple / Green Screen - Bravia KDL-32EX401

Hi,

After buying my Bravia TV on Saturday, I connected it to my PC as it's new main display via HDMI which runs great. I seem to have a problem that occurs every 1 - 3 hours where the TV re-syncs into Purple and Green colours before I would have to either wait a few seconds for a automatic re-sync or re-sync the TV back to default myself.

Included is a photo of my problem.

Thanks in advance,

- J

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.nl_BE.title
raenis
Visitor

It is probably not a problem with your tv-set. The problem lies in the videocard.

Just change the pixel format in ati catalyst from YCrCb to RGBFull and it should be ok.

I've found the solution here: http://devforums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=279&threadid=118278&STARTPAGE=1&FTVAR_FORUMVIEWT...

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
profile.country.en_GB.title
Kallides13
Visitor

I have the exact same problem and it bugs the Hell out of me. To temporarily fix it I switch to a different HDMI output and then back which resets the TV but its not a permanent fix. Also I noticed that the TV switches to a Cinema option when it comes out of the purple/green screen. Can someone help with this?

profile.country.nl_BE.title
raenis
Visitor

It is probably not a problem with your tv-set. The problem lies in the videocard.

Just change the pixel format in ati catalyst from YCrCb to RGBFull and it should be ok.

I've found the solution here: http://devforums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=279&threadid=118278&STARTPAGE=1&FTVAR_FORUMVIEWT...

profile.country.ro_RO.title
Cristman25
Visitor

Thank's,

I have the same problem on my Sony 32EX600, i ask for help on Sony support center, and just say to go to service :smileysad:. I try your solution and its works. :slight_smile:

Regards,

Cristi,HD Romania.

Cristi, I have the same problem, what settings should I do to the TV screen I no longer give pink?? Thanks in advance!

gimley65
Explorer

good tip - fixed my issue, thanks

georgech87
Explorer

Hi there,

I recently bought Bravia KDL-32EX401 second hand and when I connect my laptop with HDMI the TV screen turns purple/green. I've searched online in a lot of forums but can't seem to find the solution.

Aynone that can help? Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Have you looked at and read the solution in this thread?

Cheers

georgech87
Explorer

Thank you for your reply.

Yes I have, but the link to the solution is not working for me.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Yes, the link doesnt work for me either - not surprising as it was over 5 years ago.  However the hint is :

"The problem lies in the videocard.  Just change the pixel format in ati catalyst from YCrCb to RGBFull and it should be ok"

So, you need to look at the display (video card) settings on your laptop.

Cheers