Join now - be part of our community!

quality and attitude to the customer

profile.country.UA.title
skyboarder1
Explorer

quality and attitude to the customer

Since the 90's I am a fan of Sony. Disappointed in the choice.

I bought TV, acoustics, PS4, PSP, headphones, phone, tablet. TV KDL-50W656A broke - repair is not possible (details in Ukraine are not supplied). The service center said that the maximum possible is a compensation of 25-30% of the cost of a similar new TV set. Hot line Sony said that the company has nothing to do with my problem and I have to decide the issue with the store where I bought it. The support service on Facebook reported that Sony's panels do not break and asked for a technical opinion. After I sent it they stopped responding. After the 6th call to the Sony office in Kiev, I managed to talk to a company employee named Yuriy, who refused to give me his full name. Answered that he did not consider it necessary. Yuriy told me that I bought the best TV from the very best company and I must say thank you that the service center is ready to consider at least some option.

I have questions:

Why did the TV turn out to be such a poor quality !?  Why this attitude of Sony employees to end users? What can I buy with a compensation of 25-30%?

What TV do I buy? I'm not sure that I want Sony again, but I have all the equipment of this brand!

Since my childhood, I have considered Sony the standard of quality and new technologies, but I was unpleasantly disappointed with the quality of products and attitude towards users. I hope that my story will be useful to readers, not only this chat, but also other Internet communities.   Best regards,

End-user Sony

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @skyboarder1 and welocme to the UK forum :slight_smile:

Firstly, have you posted this on the Sony Ukraine forum?

(They may be able to help you more)

Is the TV still in warranty with the store / Sony?

profile.country.UA.title
skyboarder1
Explorer

Hello!
Ukraine Sony team does not react to my appeals. TV is no longer warranted ( it is one year). There is no possibility to repeat it. It turns out that I bought a one-time TV. I respect the decision of your company to compensate for poor quality and service, but 25-30 % of a similar TV is the cost of Chinese monitor.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi again :slight_smile:

Sadly Sony isn't my company - I do wish I owned it though :grin:

We are all just Sony product users or fans on this forum :slight_smile:

I will escalate this for you to see if there is any more help available.

It may take several days for Sony to contact you.

Are the contact details in your profile correct?

profile.country.UA.title
skyboarder1
Explorer

Thank you for your participation.  I have a month without TV. I hope for your understanding and quick response from Sony. All profile data is correct.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi again

You're welcome :slight_smile:

The Support team should telephone you in the next few days.

If they don't then please let me know.

profile.country.UA.title
skyboarder1
Explorer

Thank you. I will wait. My spoken English leaves much to be desired. Is it possible for the caller speak to me in Russian? In English it will be better to correspond.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi :slight_smile:

I will make that request for you.

profile.country.UA.title
skyboarder1
Explorer

Of course, no one wrote to me. As in Ukraine. Sony not only makes poor-quality TV, but did not write for a whole month for my letters. They simply ignore their customers and do everything to make people no longer wants this unjustifiably expensive brand. 

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi again

Your case has been passed to regional representatives.

I will check what is happening.

It may take until after the weekend to find out more.

cheers