Join now - be part of our community!

"Authentication success" in Bravia TV startup

profile.country.fi_FI.title
stanosnoja
Visitor

"Authentication success" in Bravia TV startup

Do you know how to get rid of this annoying "authentication success" in TV statup? I have KDL-40HX755BN model and some Cl+ card in it. Otherwise superb TV!

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Feitefisk
New

I also get the Authentication Success when taking the TV out of standby. I know it is succesful because I can see the TV channel in the background. How can I avoid having to give the useless 'confirmation'? My type is KDL-46W905A, with latest software.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

This type of message is similar to the confirmation you get when adding a USB drive to the TV.  Unfortunately there is no way to turn these system messages off.  So unfortunately your going to have to ignore it.  Alternatively contact Sony Support via email, and see if they can "develop the firmware" to add an option in the settings to turn messages off (especially for the CI+ cards).

Cheers

Feitefisk
New

Thank you for the response. I have indeed contacted Sony support and: --- Thank you for contacting Sony Support. There is unfortunately no way of disabling this message. I will forward your request for this feature to our engineers. --- Let's hope they fix this soon or make it open-source.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cool - At least they are aware of a feature that could be useful to people - lets see what happens :slight_smile:

Feitefisk
New

The message is still there and it's annoying. When confirming it right away I will get it again, so I usually let it time out. I consider this a fault in the product and I consider returning it to the shop. Does anyone know how warranty works if the manufacturer cannot really provide a non-faulty product?