Join now - be part of our community!

slow EPG on KDL-32W705B

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
bigredbus2

slow EPG on KDL-32W705B

We have just bought a new TV replacing our 8 year old Sony. When we first got the KDL-32W705B, the Freeview EPG was quite fast, now it has slowed down as to be unuseable. I thought it might be that we have a media server attached and that the TV was polling all the devices but even with this off, it is slow. Any ideas out there ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

This is one of the questions that is hard to determine if its "normal" or a problem.  How does one define/explain fast or slow things are in text on a forum.

I can only suggest that you go into the retailer you have purchased or another retailer and see the speed of the EPG on a demo model.  If its the same, then its normal, if there is a noticable difference, try doing a factory reset of the TV (just in-case) and if not, get the TV exchanged.

Cheers

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

This is one of the questions that is hard to determine if its "normal" or a problem.  How does one define/explain fast or slow things are in text on a forum.

I can only suggest that you go into the retailer you have purchased or another retailer and see the speed of the EPG on a demo model.  If its the same, then its normal, if there is a noticable difference, try doing a factory reset of the TV (just in-case) and if not, get the TV exchanged.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
bigredbus2

Thanks, I'll try that first...

profile.country.GB.title
bigredbus2

A full system reset fixed the problem. Hmmm, looks like I'll have to keep an eye on these rogue processes 🙂

Sion

Anonymous
Not applicable

Brilliant - Im glad its now working.  Thanks for posting back.