Join now - be part of our community!

[SOLVED] Best software for DLNA streaming? (tried loads, none satisfactory!) :( KDL-32EX403

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Technaudio
Explorer

[SOLVED] Best software for DLNA streaming? (tried loads, none satisfactory!) :( KDL-32EX403

After many years denying myself buying an LCD TV, I finally bit the bullet and Bought one of these last week, and well, I'm glad i waited! Everything is all good except one thing; streaming media over DLNA...

So far i've tried pretty much every DLNA server program i can find, both with Windows XP and Windows 7, and I've yet to successfully stream a video to my tv flawlessly, I'm getting glitches, out of sync audio/video, and usually after a couple of minutes it just stops and says 'cannot access the server. Please check the server settings'

setup is as follows:

KDL-32EX403 connected via ethernet through Devolo HighSpeed85 Homeplugs (in opposite corners of a not very large lounge - about 5m between them) into BELKIN F5D8233-4 wireless N router, which is connected to my pc via ethernet directly. The Belkin then connects into a Sky/Netgear router for internet access.

Ive tried almost all of the programs listed here as well as windows media player 11 on xp and 12 on win 7.

most of the video files on my pc are in avi format, so I know they need either transcoding, or converting, i dont think that is the issue, as ive just tested Vuse, which will convert the avi to vob before playing it (i.e. not on the fly like some of the server programs do) , which i managed to play for about 3mins.

Any ideas???? This is driving me, and subsequently, my mrs mad!!!:smileyangry:

One of the main reasons i chose this model was for this, and it's the only bit i cant get working! :slight_frown:

oh, finally, it has the latest firmware, PKG4.092EUL-0108 which was already on it.

P.S. I will quite happily pay five pounds to the person that can get this working for me!!:smileywink:

Message was edited by: Technaudio

Message was edited by: Technaudio

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Technaudio
Explorer

SOLVED!!!!!!:smileyhappy:

HINT:

Dont plug homeplugs into extension leads!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Catmambo
Contributor

http://www.serviio.org/

Has a specific profile for BRAVIA and well regarded on the boards here..

Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
Meestar
Explorer

I am also new to DLNA, but just loaded Windows Media Player 11 on my XP PC and it works a treat. I am serving to my Blu-Ray player, as it will read more formats than the TV - I can't honestly recall if I served OK to the TV. I did get one glitch on the BDP, and had to restart the router, but have since watched several films on AVI format without a problem. I am connected via a network cable, as opposed to wireless.

My gut feel is that this is something to do with your network infrastructure as opposed to the actual software you have selected.

Hope this gives you some clues?

Technaudio
Explorer

SOLVED!!!!!!:smileyhappy:

HINT:

Dont plug homeplugs into extension leads!

Xmantium
Visitor

Best Server to use would be PS3 Media Server, it has the best transcoded picture quality you will ever see and will play all your avi or mkv files  http://code.google.com/p/ps3mediaserver/