Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia KDL 32CX520 - Audio input & HDMI

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
alburnsy
Visitor

Sony Bravia KDL 32CX520 - Audio input & HDMI

Hi All

I have recently purchased Sony Bravia KDL 32CX520, I have an issue connecting it up to my media centre and I have tried always, can some one please advise what I'm doing wrong.....!!!

My set up is

Windows 7 PC (Small form no additional cards can be installed) with XBMC installed this outputs to a DISPLAY PORT then through a Displayport to HDMI convertor,(picture quality is perfect no sound) therefore I have attached an audio cable from the headphone socket on the media centre PC to the TV no sound comes through when the HDMI is selected,

I have tried all the HDMI ports same result.

The only way i can get this working is by using the VGA input from the PC to the TV. However picture quality is not the same.

Does anyone have any advcice or recomendation's on how to set this up, I have a similar set up on another tv in the house and there is no issue with the Displayport to HDMI convertor.

Cheers

Al

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
geturne14
Explorer

On the PC, right-click the system tray volume icon or use Control Panel to open Playback devices - hopefully you will be able to change it from Speakers to HDMI

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
geturne14
Explorer

On the PC, right-click the system tray volume icon or use Control Panel to open Playback devices - hopefully you will be able to change it from Speakers to HDMI