Join now - be part of our community!

Sony bravia KDL-46w905 audio delays from USB

profile.country.GB.title
dovydax
Explorer

Sony bravia KDL-46w905 audio delays from USB

Hello, I have a problem with some of XviD type files. I can't to do video fast foward or fast backward, as well audio delays. What I can do about it?

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Sounds more like a problem with the video files than the TV itself.  You might need to remux the audio back in sync with the video - or simply download another copy.  As a side note, you will get better results using H.264 codec instead of Xvid.

Cheers

profile.country.en_GB.title
Bravia55HX

Hi,

not much you can do with ripped video im afraid, none seem to like being fast forwarded or reversed and yes the same applies to audio being out of sync other than finding a better copy, just sometimes it happens but not all the time, either that or wait for the movie/show to come out at the proper time! :wink:

i stream all my downloads using serviio from the laptop to my blu ray player much better than from usb to tv, it plays all files and i get the added bonus of running it through the home cinema amp.

profile.country.GB.title
dovydax
Explorer

Now I'm using servio as well, but the thing is that the movie I watched few months ago (serial) was no problems with audio, but now I have 5-10s delay.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Can you try testing a couple of files from the following website:

http://www.demo-world.eu/trailers/

Try and find the videos that are in DD 2.0 (if using the 2 speakers on your TV and not via a home cinema system)

These are official trailers and will either confirm that you have an issue somewhere, or confirm that its the particular Xvid files that you are using?

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
dovydax
Explorer

how I can solve it, if audio being out of sync? the serials I'm waching was with no audio problems, but one day something happened and if I wach same video again, now have audio delay. looks like settings?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

If you havent done so already - ensure that you have the latest firmware installed.  Either update it via the TV, or via USB (see HERE for more details).

The other thing you can do, is perform a factory reset of the TV.  This may clear out any 'gremlins' :slight_smile:

Once done, check to see if the audio is in sync when using Freeview.  Test also using the files in the link provided in the post above.

Also, as you are using Serviio, is it running on a relatively new PC/laptop or an older one?  As Serviio requires lots of resources and processing power - and if not adequate, this may be where the delay is introduced?

Cheers

profile.country.en_GB.title
Bravia55HX

Hi again,

you have not said thus far if you have a Blu Ray player to match your tv, if so can you play the files through this?, you may be able to adjust audio sync in there

profile.country.GB.title
dovydax
Explorer

I don't have Blu Ray player I'm using USB flash drive or servio

profile.country.GB.title
dovydax
Explorer

my firmware is up to date. I have checked other videos and movies its working fine. I'm using the same pc for servio or USB flash drive. I just noticed that video starts 5 seconds later, but audio starts from beginning of that movie, thats why I have audio delays. But as I said, preveusly everything was fine.