Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia no longer working with iplayer (03/2014)

SOLVED
grcrisp58
New

Sony Bravia no longer working with iplayer (03/2014)

My Sony Bravia KDLEX503 will not load iplayer. It worked yesterday now it has just stopped. I have checked the network connection and it is fine. I have checked that my KDL32W8510 works fine. I select iplayer and am presented with a screen displaying iplayer loading which remains indeffinitely. Looks just like the problems reported previously and which seem to have been resolved spontaneously! Can Sony and BBC plaese get their act together.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Usually if you have a problem with iPlayer the first place to check is the BBC iPlayer annoucement page  - http://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.uk/help/announcements

Current status notice from the BBC

BBC.JPG

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

At this moment, there have been no mass reported to the community forums, and there is no announcement from the BBC that its down.  Therefore at this stage, I can only assume that its on your side.

Can you confirm that it is still not working?

Can you also reboot your ISP's router and switch the TV's power off from the wall for 2 minutes and try again.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Whitedb

I am having exactly the same problem. I noticed it yesterday. It occurred simultaneously on my 32ex503 and 40ex713. My other (later) 32ex723 loaded iPlayer but the preview pictures were grey. I checked this morning and iPlayer was working on the ex503 but it was broken again tonight. As nothing has changed on my network, I can only thin the BBC are making changes on their side thar is braking the Bravia app.

profile.country.GB.title
Whitedb

Tried again this morning and the 32ex503 is back working but the 40ex713 is sill stuck on iPlayer loading but the other video apps like demand 5 do load.

Very strange. Help Sony!

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI all

Looking into this furthur - The BBC are making a heap of changes to the iPlayer.  I have seen it reported on another forum of other people experiencing the same issues that you guys are reporting here.  As in intermittent down-times, preview images failing to display.

At this moment in time, there is little Sony can do to resolve this.  My advice is to contact the BBC themselves and report issues to them. 

By all means, continue to post here, as it helps others too.  As well as determining which models are effected.  So far its looking like 2010/2011 model tvs.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Whitedb

Just an update, as of this morning, Sat Marh 29th:

Sony KDL-32EX503  iPlayer is working and loads correcty, all thumbnails displayed

Sony KDL-40EX713  iPlayer does not load, problem remains

Sony KDL-32EX723  iPlayer loads but the picture thumbnails are grey

On all the TV's the other streaming services (Sky News, Demand 5 etc) still work.  I have re-booted my router, re-loaded internet content etc.

So it does like it is the BBC iPlayer changes that are wreaking havoc with my TV's.  I will post a report to the BBC but it would be good to hear if other people are experiencing the same problem.

JennyEn
Explorer

Hi, I'm afraid I'm a newbie at this and may be posting in the wrong place.

I have a Sony Bravia KDL46HX803 which was receiving iPlayer perfectly well via a wired connection until this week. No despite unplugging, restarting router, disconnnecting and reconnecting cable it hangs on the loading page. I have left a message on the iPlayer page and now don't know what else to do. 

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi JennyEn,

Welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

This is a frustrating issue! But the BBC are looking into it, and you can keep updated here

Best wishes,

Pascale_F

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Usually if you have a problem with iPlayer the first place to check is the BBC iPlayer annoucement page  - http://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.uk/help/announcements

Current status notice from the BBC

BBC.JPG

profile.country.GB.title
atcde1

Thanks. I noticed mine wasn't working on Saturday 29th March, and it's still not fixed.