Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Entertainment Television Constantly Offline

SOLVED
FrustratedPeter
Explorer

Sony Entertainment Television Constantly Offline

Several days ago I connected my KDL-32EX403 to the internet using an Ethernet cable.  Everything works fine, except the Sony Entertainment Television selection, which, ever since I have tried using it, tries to load, but then comes up with a message which says "This service is currently offline. Please try again later".  I note other people have had the same problem on other TVs and devices.  I've raised a query with Sony, but they just don't respond, not even to say that they are aware there is a problem. It's as if they don't care, which hardly enthuses one to Sony products.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
6 REPLIES 6

I have encountered the very same problem.  My new tv is a KDL-42W653.  Mine also works on the internet and using the smart functions on everything except Sony Entertainment Television.  Mine also suffers constantly from the same error message being generated: "This service is currently offline. Please try again later".  Just like you I find this understandably poor - it is also a bad advertisement for Sony as our extended family, neighbours and friends that have seen this happen are also put off from buying Sony due to this non-working feature.

pennbank

Try Refreshing The Internet Connection via Bravia Set up, Check your Connection via  Bravia Set up Connection

Anonymous
Not applicable

@FrustratedPeter  @SpeedKingHighwayStar 

Hi there all

I can confirm that this issue (Sony Entertainment Television) has been raised with Sony.  But basically the low down is this:  

Sony UK/EU have no control over this application, and also have no information in regards to IF it will come back at all.  Unfortunately the only real answer I can give is to basically take it that this application is "dead".  I know that is not the answer that you want, but thats all I have.

On a more personal note, before the SET app went offline - there really wasnt much content of use on it at all to be honest - just a couple of series of a couple of old tv shows.  

Cheers.

profile.country.en_GB.title
Bernie-the-Bolt

I agree with the comments above - it is most annoying, especially as I 'discovered' Rescue Me from it and am now having to view it via 'other means'! What else is being missed?

It is interesting that Sony UK/EU have no control - then who does, and why can we not get more?!  :thinking:

pennbank

Working  for me 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your right pennbank - I have just tested after your comment and I am pleased to report that its back online again.

I had given up, long ago :slight_smile:

Thanks