Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KDL-32HX753 and plex?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Flearoy88
Visitor

Sony KDL-32HX753 and plex?

Hi,

I currently own a KDL-32HX753 tv, and i also have a plex server, how do i go about getting the tv to see the server? Do i need an app or?

Thanks

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

If the Plex Server software is running properly, the TV should already 'see' the server. No additional apps are required. All you have to do, is simply press the [HOME] button on your remote control and select the "Media" icon on the screen. You should then see your Plex server.

If the TV is not 'seeing' it, ensure that the software is installed/configured and running correctly. Also ensure that your TV is correctly connected to your home network either wired or wirelessly.

Hope that assists.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

If the Plex Server software is running properly, the TV should already 'see' the server. No additional apps are required. All you have to do, is simply press the [HOME] button on your remote control and select the "Media" icon on the screen. You should then see your Plex server.

If the TV is not 'seeing' it, ensure that the software is installed/configured and running correctly. Also ensure that your TV is correctly connected to your home network either wired or wirelessly.

Hope that assists.

redwoodpc
New

Hi

what a shame Sony (and for that matter panasonic) "smart tvs" do not have Plex app in their app market. DNLA server is a poor solution. my friends samsung and lg tvs both support plex app properly. do other TV companies not realise that plex is in the top 50 of PAID FOR apps? epic fail SONY

RM