Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KDL**HX923

profile.country.en_GB.title
Bravia55HX

Sony KDL**HX923

Should i be worried, apparently complaints are comming in already for this new tv on dark verticle lines either side of the screen!, i have seen this before on the LG i had that went back for a full refund as it was the area where the ribbon cable joins at the screen for the backlight (could be seen from the front) i had 3 of them and the engineer said its not right, heres the pics of the Sony.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/192/crease3.jpg/

http://i53.tinypic.com/wi2grc.jpg

this was originally posted on another forum and the poster stated that this is reported by german customers and uk ones, however i have been waiting months for my pre order and dont have it yet!!

Message was edited by: Bravia55HX923

Message was edited by: StartTheCar

Edited title in order to Sticky it, hope this is ok.

Message was edited by: -frank-

Edited links to work properly (originally double http)

535 REPLIES 535
southernsmoggy
Visitor

well i hope this is true as my sony centre have told me my 55" hx923 is being delivered to them thu/fri next week as well and that all should be OK...........so lets wait and see! :thinking:

norks27
Visitor

Nice to know an update is on the way :slight_smile:

I can understand the need for reassurance and an idea of when fresh sets will start being delivered to customers.

I can't wait myself - CNET described the US version as pretty much the best LCD ever tested.

My poor front room looks barren, the home cinema all dismantled and the 40X2000 has found a new home.  So all I have now is a lovely BDI stand awaiting a 55HX923.

Bravia55HX

norks27,

What Hi Fi review on this model (46") is also compelling (August issue) its without doubt the best i've seen for black levels and blu ray material is superb, those of us awaiting replacements worth the wait, those who dont have one, get one!!, cant go wrong.

Bravia55HX

******UPDATE NEWS******

Hi Everyone,

A little dickybird has asked me to convey a message from StartTheCar that things have been manic at Sony and that he will be available with a further update on the current situation later this evening and that he thanks us all for being patient,

regards,

Andy.

norks27
Visitor

Excellent - definitely going to be worth the wait :slight_smile:

StartTheCar
Contributor

OK, back at my desk after a fun filled day at HQ.  I managed to catch up with everyone involved in this issue from the Marketing team to Sales Managers, all of which have been a great help and made sure all the resources we need are now available.

I appreciate that this is a little late in the day and a fair while after you all first reported the issue.  If I am honest I was probably being a little gung-ho when I promised a full reply today.  I certainly did not take into account the effort required to fully investigate the issue or discuss it with all of our colleagues around the world, many of whom had heard of this and expressed concern.

As it happens, the investigation went some way to alleviating this concern with what turns out to be a relatively small number of customers worldwide, reporting this issue.  The majority of which are based in the UK and are interacting via the forums.

Obviously this thread doesn’t represent every affected unit in the UK, but from the numbers I have seen it is a very good start. 

As I am typing this, my colleagues in the Sales team are briefing the supplying retailers about the process for exchanging those sets with this specific issue.  It might take a day or two to filter down but by next week I would expect the retailers to be ready to organise any required exchange.  To this end, my best advice would be to speak to your retailer on Monday.

In addition to the exchange, we have also asked the dealers to collect and forward your details in order that we can send out two free pairs of 3D glasses as a gesture of goodwill.

Finally, and in order for us to get some more sample units to test, I will be dropping some of you an e-mail next week asking if we can exchange your televisions directly from here (you will of course also get the free 3D glasses!)

So to confirm, for every KDL-46&55HX923 we exchange for this specific issue we will provide x2 free pairs of 3D glasses.

I think that just about covers the exchange process.  I am still working on the technical explanation and expect that to be available next week.

Best regards
Lee

Bravia55HX

Hi Lee,

you have done really well there considering, it must be really hard to continue the daily running and sort out the issues there,

do you mean two free pairs of glasses in addition to the ones we already have?,

that means most family members can benifit from the use of 3D movies now, good work mate,

regards,

Andy.

wstevew
Visitor

Lee,  

Does this mean that those of us who have ordered but not yet recieved our sets will receive a set that does not have the creases and when will we get it.

Also will we get the glasses as I have ordered 2 extra pairs with my set.

Message was edited by: wstevew

Message was edited by: wstevew

norks27
Visitor

Thanks very much for the update Lee

Bravia55HX

wstevew,

no mate, read Lee's post again, only those of us with affected sets will get that offer on the glasses, those of you who have only just ordered and not yet recieved wont im afraid, well at least thats how it reads.