Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KDL50W829B - Organise media into folders?

SOLVED

Sony KDL50W829B - Organise media into folders?

Hello, I'm using a WD My Cloud NAS box and I have my tv shows and movies in seperate folders but when I access my cloud box using my tv, they're all thrown into the default location and mixed up... It takes me 5 minutes just to find the next episode... Is there no way to make the TV regonise I've split the content into seperate folders?

I don't have wifi so I have to use a solid connection to my pc to add media and then move the cloud box to my tv when I want to watch the media so any solutions involving wireless won't be of much help I don't think.

But anything related to the folders issue would be great!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Assuming you have the latest fw installed, by pressing the options button on the remote you should have the possibility to enlist the file by folder.

Regarding the network connection, if you don't want to use wifi than you may think about buying a couple of powerline adapter to connect your tv to the network and avoid getting around your NAS ...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Assuming you have the latest fw installed, by pressing the options button on the remote you should have the possibility to enlist the file by folder.

Regarding the network connection, if you don't want to use wifi than you may think about buying a couple of powerline adapter to connect your tv to the network and avoid getting around your NAS ...

Thanks I've found the folder options now :slight_smile: