Join now - be part of our community!

sony link to iplayer solution?

dashel
Explorer

sony link to iplayer solution?

I have just been sent this by sony it might take a while to carry out if indeed my ability and my remote are capable!! (I ahd already restored factory settings)

Dear Mr George

Thank you for  your swift reply and I hope this email finds you well.
In regards to your inquiry, please try to follow the steps below:

1. Using your remote control, press on “SEN” button, highlight BBC iPlayer , go to options, then press on update list.

2. Set-up Java script as follows:

1. Go to 'Internet Browser'.
2. Choose 'Options'.
3. Choose 'Browser Set-up'.
4. Choose 'Del All Cookies'.
5. Choose 'Standard' (= sets 'Javascript Set-up' option to 'Valid'.)
6. Close.
7. Press the 'Home' button.
8. Go to iPlayer.

You can test the BBC iPlayer after following the above, if the issue still remains, please proceed with the below:

1. Restore factory Settings:

Press Home button.
Press left or right arrow to select Setup.
Press up and down arrow to select Resetting.
Press Enter button.
Select both options Reset to factory default setting, initialize personal information.

2. Update the device's firmware as follows:

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/BDP-S185/downloads/BDP69G_v0060

3. If the issue still persists, please provide us with the information below for further investigation:

1-Model Number:
2-Wired Mac Address:
3-Device ID:
4-Current FW Installed on device : “Please write the exact version”
5-What is the exact issue providing the maximum details?
6-When did the issue start?
7-Post Code and Device IP Address:
8-Internet Service Provider name:
9-What is the actual internet speed Using "SpeedTest.net"?
10-Network Environment: “i.e FTTH, Broadband”
11-Brand and model of the router:
12-What is the public IP address by visiting “www.whatismyip.com”
13-What Troubleshooting steps did you try?
14-Any additional information you wish to log?

I hope that this information has been helpful. Should you have any further questions, please feel free to reply to this email.

Yours sincerely
Shady Waheed
Sony Customer Support

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Unfortunately this appears to be a standard reply.  There is no harm in trying it, but unfortunately this is an outage that you have not control over.

Cheers

dashel
Explorer

Hi Quinnicus, I don't know whether the two problems are related or just coincidental but I've just left this with Sony:

<Hello Sony, unfortunately the Iplayer ran only for a short time. I am now getting a network error message persistantly. I have made absolutely no changes to  my network connections. I have a choice of wifi or broadband through my mains cable using Devolo high speed 500 connections. This has all been up and running for 2 years with no problem until today.

Could the problem be at your end Sony or have you updated/changed my system remotely?>

I would previously have thought that my broadband was at fault but a BTW speedtest show there is not a problem there.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The iPlayer issue of a week ago, has been fixed.  Therefore the issue seems to be on your end of things.  If your TV is connected via wifi, try connecting connecting an ethernet cable instead (and change network settings accordingly).  Have you got the latest firmware installed?  Also, you might want to consider a factory reset (as sometimes this can fix issues too)

Cheers