Join now - be part of our community!

Sony restrictions ... Will not buy Sony againhappi

SOLVED
Uk040590
New

Sony restrictions ... Will not buy Sony againhappi

dear Sony,

for many years I have tolerated the high prices you charge for your peripherals and the 'uniqueness' of your connectivity to non Sony devices. But I have just found out that the kdl 26 320 television I bought 2 years ago cannot connect to something as simple as Netflix despite being a supposed Sony smart tv.  So I'm done with Sony. Your korean competitors seem to have a greater understanding and care for the needs of their customers and I will actively seek out Thier products over yours in the future. 

Whilst you may write this note off as a rant from a frustrated customer, I'm clearly not alone looking  at your forum page, I don't expect any reply  or comment from you , but realise that I have taken the time to register for this forum, and write to you , because  you should do better than this, and in the coming years when your execs continue to ask why Sony is not the market leader it used to be, then maybe you will have got enough comments from disgruntled and lapsed customers like me that you will realise how your competitors have beaten you.

bestregards

NB

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi all :slight_smile:

@Uk040590 Sadly Sony don't answer on this forum, its purely a member based Community for fans of Sony or those seeking help with any problems they may have with a product.

I can understand your frustration.

If its any help and you need netflix etc have you thought about £30 for Google Chromecast?

I'm using it on an old Bravia and it works well (controlling it with a tablet or phone).

Its not an ideal solution but may be a quick fix for you. :slight_smile:

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Beamoboy
Explorer

Good man, now go spread the word, the more people know about the real Sony, the better!

No more money will go from my account to this "brand leader".

Anonymous
Not applicable

So no more Sony Pictures movies or TV shows either?

http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/

You cannot avoid everything that is Sony.  Just like Google, they have their hooks into everything.  And you may not even know it?

Do you own an iPhone?

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi all :slight_smile:

@Uk040590 Sadly Sony don't answer on this forum, its purely a member based Community for fans of Sony or those seeking help with any problems they may have with a product.

I can understand your frustration.

If its any help and you need netflix etc have you thought about £30 for Google Chromecast?

I'm using it on an old Bravia and it works well (controlling it with a tablet or phone).

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

jumpsuit wrote:

Great idea Jumpy, Chromecast has received some favourable reviews..:smileythumbsup:

Uk040590
New

Hello Jumpsuit and Thalamus

Thank you for your constructive help, I'll look into the Google dongle.... As you say, frustrating to have to go down this route, but better than nothing.

Best regards

Sent from my iPad
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi Uk040590 :slight_smile:

No worries.

It makes me feel more in touch with the modern generation :yahoo:

Here's a link to an old thread about Chromecast for those who haven't seen it/ heard of it yet

with a post by another fan.