Join now - be part of our community!

TDG-BR250 cut price

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
iagibso49

TDG-BR250 cut price

I see you can pick up the TDG-BR250 for around £27 or even less. Interesting how the market devalues bad products, such as this which fit too tight and hurt the bridge of the nose, and are hard to wear for long movies.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

iagibso49 wrote:

Well they're still advertised on the main site along with the previous version.

Which site Amazon..:smileyconfused:

iagibso49 wrote:

Must be very slow sales. And for a product to be cut to almost a quarter in such a short space of time ... Old stock or not ... A poor, badly designed product.

Wouldn't know if the sales are slow or not but reducing the price of previous season stock is not something new, all retailers do it, this would not be an indication of wether a product is good or not..:smileyconfused:

iagibso49 wrote:

Did anyone actually try wearing them for a whole movie before releasing them? No

Yes I have many a time but if you are having problems then maybe you should look at possibly buying the new TDG-BR750's..

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
Bravia55HX

just because some outlets like Amazon are selling these cheap (one pair left at that price) does not make them a bad product they work pretty well if the tv has been set up correctly, they may be a tad on the weighty side, i still have mine but favour the TDG-BR750's which are very good and work great.

iagibso49

Look at real people reviews for the 250 and you'll see that they agree with me. The 750s are ridiculously expensive and provide an "OK" picture.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

It's not a question of wether the product is good or bad, it's simply that the TDG-BR250's are an older model and therefore the retail price usually gets reduced to clear stock. This would not be unique to 3D glasses either..

iagibso49

Well they're still advertised on the main site along with the previous version. Must be very slow sales. And for a product to be cut to almost a quarter in such a short space of time ... Old stock or not ... A poor, badly designed product. Did anyone actually try wearing them for a whole movie before releasing them? No

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

iagibso49 wrote:

Well they're still advertised on the main site along with the previous version.

Which site Amazon..:smileyconfused:

iagibso49 wrote:

Must be very slow sales. And for a product to be cut to almost a quarter in such a short space of time ... Old stock or not ... A poor, badly designed product.

Wouldn't know if the sales are slow or not but reducing the price of previous season stock is not something new, all retailers do it, this would not be an indication of wether a product is good or not..:smileyconfused:

iagibso49 wrote:

Did anyone actually try wearing them for a whole movie before releasing them? No

Yes I have many a time but if you are having problems then maybe you should look at possibly buying the new TDG-BR750's..

iagibso49

Not just me. Loads of user reviews saying these things are painfully uncomfortable when watching a movie.

iagibso49

And I'm not buying TDGBR750s now. Due to the epic fail of Sony 3D TV, I'll pick up a pair for under £30 in a month or 2.

iagibso49

Sony's own website  not Amazon as of this date has the 3 versions still for sale. Mucho excess stock. Not surprising.

http://www.sony.co.uk/product/tpa-other-tv-accessories

Bravia55HX

if Sony 3D is such an epic fail then why are you buying the glasses?.:smileyconfused: