Join now - be part of our community!

TDG-BR250 cut price

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
iagibso49

TDG-BR250 cut price

I see you can pick up the TDG-BR250 for around £27 or even less. Interesting how the market devalues bad products, such as this which fit too tight and hurt the bridge of the nose, and are hard to wear for long movies.

18 REPLIES 18
iagibso49

I got glasses included in my package

Bravia55HX

yet you still say your gonna buy a pair in a month or so! epic fail ?

i rest my case.

iagibso49

Because I'm locked in until I buy my next TV and I'd quite like to watch a movie without it feeling like I've got a ten ton weight pressed against the bridge of my nose.

It doesn't get away from the fact that there's so much stock left over, that all 3 generations of glasses are for sale on the Sony site. This is because the stock hasn't shifted. And the reason for that? Follow the logic. Yes, they haven't sold! Ta-dah!

I rest my case.

Catmambo
Contributor

Hi iagibso49

Just to clarify, the BR750 doesn't replace the BR250, its just the step up version for people who want a premium option and sold along side as if you were tryng to get classes for a family of 4 people, this works out half the price of getting the BR750, so its really just providing choice. Some actually prefer the BR250's as they have better perfiperal light blocking compared to the 750's,but thats a personal choice.

http://www.sony.co.uk/product/tpa-other-tv-accessories

The BR250 though did replace the BR100 which is no onger available to purchase, but can still be seen here under the 'previous models' section if you were after more info on them.

http://www.sony.co.uk/product/tpa-other-tv-accessories/page/retired

I get the sense you are disappointed with your 3D experince though, can you elaborate and then maybe someone can try and help out?

Thanks

iagibso49

"Step up" meaning you can actually breathe while wearing them.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

iagibso49 wrote:

"Step up" meaning you can actually breathe while wearing them.

As you may know if you've ever visited an optition the problem with most 'standard' of the shelf glassess is the the frames of glasses generally don’t tend to automatically fit everyone, unless they’ve got a standard sized face..

iagibso49

I've had many people of all different shapes and sizes wear my 3D glasses. Without exception, everyone has found them uncomfortable to wear for long periods of time (i.e. the duration of a movie). And the reason for this universal misery is that they're too heavy and made of hard material near the bridge of the nose with little cushioning. It's as simple as that.

You can't tell me that there were a bunch of guys in Sony, sitting around testing these things and wearing them for hours on end, and saying that they were perfectly comfortable. They weren't and aren't. In my opinion, the product wasn't tested for wearability or endurance, and if it was, it was released knowing full well that it was uncomfortable.

Message was edited by: iagibso49

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

iagibso49 wrote:

I've had many people of all different shapes and sizes wear my 3D glasses. Without exception, everyone has found them uncomfortable to wear for long periods of time

I have may people of all different shapes & sizes wear my 3D glasses and not a single one of them had an issue, as I sai not everyone is the same..

However as has been pointed out to you on several occasions if you find the BR-250's are to heavy or uncorfortable for your nose then you can always splash out on a pair of the lighter BR-750's as with most things you pay your money and make your choice..

iagibso49 wrote:

You can't tell me that there were a bunch of guys in Sony, sitting around testing these things and wearing them for hours on end, and saying that they were perfectly comfortable.

You are right I can't tell you as I don't work for Sony..:smileyconfused:

iagibso49

Well, just look at the online reviews for these products. You'll read time after time about their uncomfortable nature. Maybe your friends were too polite to say anything.

In terms of getting what you pay for, I'm not sure when a migraine last cost £30-£60.