Join now - be part of our community!

TV cannot find Wireless LAN adapter UWA-BR100

SOLVED
dowarre93
Explorer

TV cannot find Wireless LAN adapter UWA-BR100

I just bought a Wireless LAN adapter UWA-BR100 for my Bravia 32EX403 TV. I plugged it in to the USB port and followed the Instructions in the manual, but when I select 'Wireless set up' it has an error message "wireless USB device not found". I've tried the adapter both ways round in the port. Out of desperation I've also tried the extension cable that came with the device, not that reception seems to be the issue. Nothing works! Help!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I think I know what you are doing wrong - I am pretty confident that you are plugging the USB Wireless Dongle (UWA-BR100) into the wrong socket.

Below is a picture from the manual.  The Wireless Adapter needs to be plugged into the USB Socket - Labeled 2 on the picture:

USB1.jpg

It should be a nice tight secure fit, and it can only go in one way.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have double-checked the specs of your TV.  Yes your TV does support the Wireless adapter, as well as you have 1 USB port.  Plugging the adapter in, it can only go in one way anyhow.  My only conclusion (assuming that the wireless adapter is fully plugged in) is that you have a defective one.  I would probably suggest taking it back for an exchange, or even a refund and go the Homeplugs route instead.

Cheers

dowarre93
Explorer

Thanks so much

Perhaps I'm doing the wrong thing as it will go in facing either way...
I'm plugging it into the LAN socket. I'm surprised at how unsecure it seems when plugged in: I have to make sure it's straight as it easily moves left or right. Is that correct?

What is the Homeplugs route?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I think I know what you are doing wrong - I am pretty confident that you are plugging the USB Wireless Dongle (UWA-BR100) into the wrong socket.

Below is a picture from the manual.  The Wireless Adapter needs to be plugged into the USB Socket - Labeled 2 on the picture:

USB1.jpg

It should be a nice tight secure fit, and it can only go in one way.

Hope that helps.

dowarre93
Explorer

Thank you thank you thank you. You are completely right! I was only looking at the back of the TV and hadn't even seen the sockets down the side. Doh! All working now :slight_smile: