Join now - be part of our community!

Whar encoding will let mp4 files play on bravia tv?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
EbeneezerBalfour
Visitor

Whar encoding will let mp4 files play on bravia tv?

I have 2 mp4 files which I encoded using different software.

one plays on the tv and is recognised as mp4 - thats the airvideo conversion , but the other does not and is reported as avc - thats the winff conversion.

Whst I do for airvideo is convert to m4v, then change the extension to mp4 and that works fine.

However when I run ffprobe against them, I cant really see a difference that would cause this.

Any one feel able to rake a look at the files and explain wwhat I must do to get both softwares working ok for bravia?

I uploaded  theffprobe output...

thanks in advance.

Message was edited by: EbeneezerBalfour

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
EbeneezerBalfour
Visitor

Actually - decided I was looking down the wrong end of the problem and raelised Windows 7 dlna was the real issue - hiding mp4 files I had transcoded.

So, working solution = download ps3 media server and keep buffer size well below max of 600mb - 200mb works fine for me.

Also went onto AV forums as suggested and found some advice that got me started on a non geeky route to using ffmpeg. Sorry helpful post - I lost the url...

But anyway this command line seems to do pretty well with little loss of quality, reasonable speed and compression to about 1/3 original .ts file recording size.

I am uploading a file containing it because my editor on my tablet wont let me paste it!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

What works good for me is

Format = MP4  Video Codec = H264  Audio Codec = AAC 

Hope that helps

Message was edited by: Quinnicus

Message was edited by: Quinnicus

EbeneezerBalfour
Visitor

(whoops - it seems the logs didnt upload first time round so finally got them uploaded.

They are sctually both h264 and aac...

EbeneezerBalfour
Visitor

could probably do with a transcoding expert, or a sony technical expert who prowls the forum...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I wouldnt have a clue im afraid.  However, you may have more luck on posting on the AV Forums as well.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/

Hope that at least helps though.

Cheers

EbeneezerBalfour
Visitor

Good advice - I seem to have forgotten where to look - will do that shortly!

EbeneezerBalfour
Visitor

Actually - decided I was looking down the wrong end of the problem and raelised Windows 7 dlna was the real issue - hiding mp4 files I had transcoded.

So, working solution = download ps3 media server and keep buffer size well below max of 600mb - 200mb works fine for me.

Also went onto AV forums as suggested and found some advice that got me started on a non geeky route to using ffmpeg. Sorry helpful post - I lost the url...

But anyway this command line seems to do pretty well with little loss of quality, reasonable speed and compression to about 1/3 original .ts file recording size.

I am uploading a file containing it because my editor on my tablet wont let me paste it!