Join now - be part of our community!

Youtube application stuck on startup screen sony kdl-40W705c

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
zazou5033
Explorer

Youtube application stuck on startup screen sony kdl-40W705c

Hello,

Since few days the youtube application doesn t start anymore.

Description:

I go to SEN > run Youtube in my apps > Youtube starts as we can see the Youtube startup screen but the application get stuck at that stage !

Nota : all other applications are working fine. Network is OK.

Do you have an idea how to solve it ?

As for it looks like that the application got a wrong update.

Tags (2)
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

Have you tried a factory reset?

Best wishes,

M

View solution in original post

profile.country.IE.title
Lupitasosa
New

@aavinirala wrote:

Hi,

I have same problem.I did Sony Factory reset was worked for 1 day and again same issue.I did 3 time factory reset in 3 days again Now you tube has frozen.any solution please?

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support

I had the same problem, did the erasing of cookies from the browser and it worked.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

Have you tried a factory reset?

Best wishes,

M

profile.country.GB.title
zazou5033
Explorer

Hello,

Thanks for your comment!

I didn't consider that option as except of this problem with youtube the TV is working fine.

Is there a way to flush the application cache (without to do factory resset) ?

Is there a possiblity that the TV is not supported anymore by the application ? which will be surprising ...

Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
zazou5033
Explorer

Hello,

So today i have done Factory reset and everything back to normal.

Youtube is working !

Thanks a lot for your advice !

Hi,

I have same problem.I did Sony Factory reset was worked for 1 day and again same issue.I did 3 time factory reset in 3 days again Now you tube has frozen.any solution please?

profile.country.IE.title
88grantb
Explorer

i have a KD55x9000b and have same problem as everyone else. Youtube gets stuck on logo starting up. i can do factory reset and it fixes it until the next time i use it. this has been working fine for the last couple years but is giving problems now.. i see many other people with different tv's are also having same problem. How do i fix this permantly ???????????????? Very frustrating to say the least..

profile.country.GB.title
zazou5033
Explorer

I think there is no solution !
I think the problem comes with the youtube application, or the apps in general. If we could have to possibility to clean the cache of each apps we wouldn t need to do factory resset.

just a question, do you have an add blocker on your network which can filter adds on all your devices especially on your TV ?
profile.country.IE.title
Lupitasosa
New

@aavinirala wrote:

Hi,

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support

I had the same problem, did the erasing of cookies from the browser and it worked.

Barkoman
New

I have a SONY Blu Ray player and have used it for the last couple of years. Today, I can’t get You Tube to load and it freezes on start up. Factory reset has not resolved this issue. Obviously You Tube has made some sort of change on their end resulting in a loss of connectivity between our hardware and their website. Now the question is when will they fix it if at all.  Frustrating. Has anyone contacted Sony to report it?

profile.country.IE.title
tpoon905
New

I have a SONY Bluray player. Youtube worked for years! All in a sudden it started to stop working and freeze on the starting screen with Youtube logo. Very frustrated. SONY please fix!