Join now - be part of our community!

YouTube hanging

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
JustMeDK
Explorer

YouTube hanging

I have a Sony Bravia KDL-32W705B television, a little more than three years old. A couple of days ago, YouTube suddenly stopped working: in loading the app, it does not get passed the logo. After a factory reset, YouTube worked the rest of that day, but the very next day, it again froze at the logo. Now, I am completely at loss what to do. By looking a little around on this site, I can tell that others experience something similar. What is happening? Has YouTube made some changes that makes Sony software choke or what? And if so, do Sony intend to try to fix the issue?

PS: I have tried to follow the recipe https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/other-tvs/youtube-solution/m-p/2450365#M50049, but the items 'Customer Support' and 'initialize personal information' do not seem to figure on my model, so it is of little help. And doing a factory reset on a daily basis, with all personal information having subsequently to be reentered each time, is of course a complete no-go.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there,

Please see more details here on how to resolve this issue.

Best wishes,

Sean Mc

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there,

Please see more details here on how to resolve this issue.

Best wishes,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
JustMeDK
Explorer

Hi Sean Mc,

It works like a charm, thanks so very much.

Sincerely, John

profile.country.GB.title
glynne408
Explorer

Hi there,

hate to be a party pooper, but I've tried these fixes and they only work temporarily with me.

I have a Bravia KDL-40W605B and the only way to fix it is to reset every time. Some times it will last a day or 2.

Been in touch with Sony and they say the model number is wrong !!!!!

Anyway, still resetting at the moment. Hope you have better luck.

Might be another brand of tv for me.:unamused:

profile.country.GB.title
JustMeDK
Explorer

Hi glynne408,

I have only tried the recipe once, deleting all cookies, and then subsequently successfully loading YouTube, but only for a very short while before turning off my television again as I had other things to attend to. I have therefore presently no idea whether or not I will have to perform the same thing again when I turn on my television later today, or tomorrow for that sake. I hope not, of course, but even if necessary, I think I can live with having to delete the cookies before each startup of YouTube, the procedure being very quickly performed and certainly much, much easier than performing a factory reset of the television. But that may of course be of little use to you.

Update [September 29th., 2018]: Just for the record, it seems that I do have to occasionally reset my cookies. But as already noted above, this is far easier than having to do a factory reset, so I can certainly live with that.

profile.country.GB.title
glynne408
Explorer

Just reset again.
Will try the cookie thing again when it freezes tomorrow.😏

profile.country.GB.title
glynne408
Explorer

Hi there,

As expected, had to reset again.

Will try the cookie thing next, but not holding my breath.

Hope your's is ok now.

profile.country.GB.title
JustMeDK
Explorer

Hi glynne408,

Sorry to hear that. See my update (just posted) in my comment above.