Join now - be part of our community!

a/c adapter failure for VGN-FS215E

profile.country.GB.title
keldodds
New

a/c adapter failure for VGN-FS215E

Hi there,

Looking for some help here, any advice much appreciated.

My laptop is 11 months old and yesterday my a/c adapter decided to die. When you plug it in the green light does not come on and you can hear faint beeping from the transformer (?) unit. I went to Comet where I bought it, expecting to still be covered under my one year guarantee, only to be informed batteries and chargers are only covered for 6 months. Great!

I tried changing the fuse, but no joy. My battery has now ran out so I can't access any of my laptop files and am having to use this clunky desktop pc :cry:

Is my charger totally shafted? I had a look online for a replacement and I'm looking at around £80 - which I don't have.

Anyone come across anythign like this before?

TIA
Kelly

3 REPLIES 3
karelbartman
Visitor

yes, my girlfriend had the same problem with her vgn-fs415e.
luckily, it was still covered within the six month warranty.

but what you can do, is buy a universal notebook adapter that supports your vaio, at a price of about 30 euro's. (@ paradigit, Netherlands)

succes

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Try MAPLIN

:slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
keldodds
New

Thanks so much.

I'm awaiting a response from Sony e-support, however, I think I'll be told I need a new adapter and they'll try to sell me one for £80.

This is excellent, Maplins isn't too far away and I can live with that price to get my files back!

Thanks again