Join now - be part of our community!

Major problems with my vgn-fs415b

karelbartman
Visitor

Major problems with my vgn-fs415b

hi, my fs415b has a problem with the screen. if i want to use my notebook on the battery power, the screen turns off. now i dont know if this has to do with my xp pro installation. installed all the video drivers though.

anyway, why did i remove the original xp home that came with it? i couldnt save files with adobe illustrator cs2, so i installed pro and now i can save files, but i dont have a screen (on battery).

so this is my question, do you have a solution for the screen turning off and/or do you have a solution for saving illustrator cs2 files with my original windows xp home? it gives me a error with some code in it that i dont remember right now, but maybe it sounds familiar to any of you guys.

tnx, cheers,

karel

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi karel and welcome to ClubVAIO.

Have you had a look in Power Options - there are usually display settings for when on AC Power and also for when running on batteries.

Check the screen settings for "Running on Battery" and make sure it is set to "No Change"

Apologies if you have already tried this.

:wink:

karelbartman
Visitor

tnx for your reply, i didnt have vaio power management installed so didnt have this option on my previous xp pro install. i switched back now to the original vaio installation, so now i have it, and it appears i dont have the problem now so im guessin it was a driver issue. i installed all the drivers though, can you give me a link maybe to the vaio power management driver?

i still would like a solution though for the adobe cs2 illustrator i get.. maybe anyone can help me?

cheers, tnx again,

karel

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

This INSTALLATION GUIDE may help.

Doesn't XP Pro have its own Power Options? - right-click a blank space on your desktop>Properties>ScreenSaver>Power. (Unless Sony have disabled it in the BIOS)

Sorry can't help with CS2 but I'm sure someone else will!

:wink:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi karel,

It may possibly help if you could post the error code that appears when you try and save files in illustrator cs2..:smileyconfused:

karelbartman
Visitor

hi guys, back again

so, i installed the original xp install now back again, but i still have the screen problem. i just booted it on battery power and the screen stays black but the computer is further fine. so im guessing i can be pretty sure this is not a driver/software problem but something hardwarematic..

i work in a computer store in the netherlands (see www.paradigit.nl) and i heard from a collegue of mine that a customer came in with exactly the same problem on the same notebook. our own technical departement couldn't fix it at that time, and we had to send him off to sony.

i'd like to hear if anyone recognizes this problem or has experience with it or even better, knows a way to fix it! i can still claim my warranty off course at sony, but then i'll lose my notebook for a couple of weeks at least i guess..

the computer works all fine on the power cord, and illustrator is not having any errors so far, so i hope that problem is finally solved now..

tnx for your input, karel.