Join now - be part of our community!

A few questions regarding apl1 about pc connection

Marekuk
Visitor

A few questions regarding apl1 about pc connection

Is the cradle on the sony the only way of connecting the music player to a pc, as i wanted to just carry the player around and connect with a usb lead straight to the player? So is it possible to get a lead that connects directly to the unit instead of the cradle ?

The reason i ask is i want to use it as a store for files between computers aaprt from my music needs

Marek

7 REPLIES 7
backfiredog
Visitor

you will have to carry the cradle, the only way i know unless sony come up with cable:smileygrin:

Marekuk
Visitor

Cheers for that do u know if the ipod is the same in that it needs the cradle or can it just use the cradle like the sony ?

apologises for mentioning apple :slight_smile:

Marek

clubuser
Visitor

to my knowledge there alre loads of cables like that for the ipod. but someone in the forum claimed to have found that sort of cable for the vaio pocket. We still have hopes that some cble fits the Vaio pocket connector -officially this cable is not available - sorry.

BR
CU

backfiredog
Visitor

if you got ipod then you can just connect and go with MAC but you will need to install software if you are using PC and it require number from your ipod

Marekuk
Visitor

I am in such a quandry here either i keep the sony apl1 40gb player or i send it back and get myself a ipod. Dont really want an ipod but i need something i can just connect and go for DATA not for MUSIC.

I hope this alleged mp3 native thing is going to be as it says on the tin...

Should i keep this player?

(it is bigger than i thought anyone else think that :slight_smile: )

Marek

backfiredog
Visitor

yes its bit bigger than ipod but it offers great battery life and picture viewing yet direct picture transfer if you got sony camera which is bit useless as you need the dock. ipod offer you better things in term of design and ease of use but easy connection with macs but it isnt with PC as you need to install software in every single PC you going to connect the ipod.

Marekuk
Visitor

But is that not if you want the music software ? if i wanted to just connect as an extra hard drive would you not just plug in like a usb ?

Marek