Join now - be part of our community!

A215M - Primary Master Hard Disk: S.M.A.R.T. Command Failure

profile.country.en_GB.title
samthoma0
Visitor

A215M - Primary Master Hard Disk: S.M.A.R.T. Command Failure

I had left a DVD in the optical drive the night before, however, this has not caused any problems in the past. Today I turned on the computer, it came to the password page (to enter windows), then I left it, went to the toilet, came back and there was some kind of message screen that had popped up saying something about rebooting.

I have since tried several times to start the computer and shut it down through BIOS, but consistently fail to get into windows.

Sometimes the message on the screen says ´´Reboot and select proper boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key´´
I am not really sure what this means or what I should insert or select.

Other times, I receive a full screen page saying among other things
´´Pri Master: MO3OAD1A IC25N060ATMR04-0
Ultra DMA Mode-5, S.M.A.R.T. Capable but Command Failed

Pri Master Hard Disk: S.M.A.R.T. Command Failed´´

Then it asks me to press F2 to continue.

Sincerely hoping this situation (and the data on my computer) is retrievable, stuck in Northern Brazil... which is not too bad, but really need this computer up and running.

Any advice/solutions greatly appreciated.
Many thanks
Bomba

2 REPLIES 2
kee-lo_

If it's still under warranty have it repaired by Sony, else you'll need to buy a new hard disk and fit it yourself, or get a technician to do it for you.

BTW the DVD didn't break your hard disk, a knock, or just plain wear and tear can do this.

samthoma0
Visitor

Many thanks Kee-Lo, hard though the news is to take - no warranty.