Join now - be part of our community!

A397XP memory upgrade?

dd1
Visitor

A397XP memory upgrade?

hi i've just recently purchased a vgn-a397xp with 512mb ram installed. i would like to upgrade this to 2gig. Does anybody know what memory sticks i can achieve this with? and will my sony accept them?

also my sony came with ati mobility radeon x600 128mb ram video card, can i upgrade this at some point if i need to?

one more question - if i do a clean install with my own copy of win xp, does the downloadable driver pack contain ALL the drivers i need? (screen, special buttons etc)

thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
hldomster
Visitor

Don't buy Sony RAM, its too expenisve, find a comaptible alternative. No doubt an other VM will provide a link, perhaps eugenepang:smileywink:

I don't think ikt is at all possible to upgrade graphics ccard.

I don't reccommend your copy of XP install. WHy bother, the one on your VAIO is perfectly fine. I don't think you'll get preinstalled software such as norton etc. but the drivers and utilities package should make sure everything works ok

profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

Yep, you lose all Software which came with your VAIO.
But here is a manual.

ClubJAMES

Have a look at Crucial for the RAM

http://www.crucial.com

dd1
Visitor

thanks for the replies guys.

i think i'll try my copy of xp just to speed up my bootup etc but i'll make sure i have all my recovery cds burned just in case.

i checked crucial.com and they've got what i need, will cost me £180ish - not too bad, thanks seb21.

i can live with my current video card!!

thanks again guys.