Join now - be part of our community!

Adobe Acrobat Elements

PaulRaper
Visitor

Adobe Acrobat Elements

I can no longer create PDFs with this utility as it comes up with the error Unable to find PDF resourse files.

When I ask it to self repair it requires some installer files which don't seem to exist on the laptop, and since Sony hasn't supplied the machine with a complete set of the application files I'm now faced with asking, how do I repair this problem?

Any Ideas?

Paul
:cry:

15 REPLIES 15
profile.country.en_GB.title
robpaxton
Explorer

Have you tried pdf-Xchange from tracker software - iit's a fair bit cheaper than Acrobat. I used to use it and found it did all I required. There's a demo available to download so you can choose your version & try it first to see if it does what you want.

kee-lo_

There sort of is a version of Excell cutdown, it's called Works.

As for that program Rob, it does look good.
I hate the way Adobe make two versions, one is enough, and a cheaper edition would be excellent.

There are so many PDF makers now, Adobe better watch it's back

PaulRaper
Visitor

I was looking at the versions on the Adobe site yesterday. It's getting way too complicated.

I agree; make one version and be done with it.

I was looking at the upgrade possibilities, and then realised that with version 4 there was only one flavour.

May be they think this is the only way to stay out in front. Personally it seems that when you buy a product, the feature you need most has been some how included only in the most expensive version.
:cool:
Paul

kee-lo_

The bad thing is the upgrades are costing nearly as bad as the original!
About time Adobe realised people can't afford £400 to do like 2000 PDFs a year.

PaulRaper
Visitor

Just think though, if they reduced the price to something more affordable they would:
1. Sell more product
2. Cut illegal copies at a stroke.

I have no problem buying something which I can see has a value that is in relation to what I get from it. Where I have a problem is when the product costs an arm and a leg, and I can not see how I will get a return on it.

The thing is the software producers are getting us all by the short and curlies by making it close to impossible to do anything unless you buy the latest upgrade.

As you say, the upgrade seems to cost almost as much as the full product which in no way promotes nor rewards loyalty.

What's needed is greater competition. As more firms produce PDFers and readers, Adobe will find that they simply have to cut the costs and become more competitive. It may be too late by then though because the loyalty wont be there any longer.

Paul
:smileygrin:

kee-lo_

The good thing is now PDF does have competition and Adobe are not alone in making this software. The bad thing is I bet they charge the software companies for using the PDF filters.