Join now - be part of our community!

Are You happy with Your notebook???

Yonaz
Visitor

Are You happy with Your notebook???

I'm just curious how many here are really happy with your Sony Vaio Notebook...?

Wil your next laptop also be a Vaio?

I am NOT happy with my expensive Vaio and will never buy one again.

21 REPLIES 21
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Sharon: Sony don't make the VAIO like they used to, it used to be a flagship, you'd be looked up by small kids saying "I want to be like him", but now it's plasticky and the letters wear off the keys and the DVD drives are duff... sad really, as I love my GRX316MP, even though it's slow, it's good, it's reliable and it's got the best screen - I just wish Sony would put build at #1 instead of trying to please everyone.

S.E.M.
Visitor

I'm happy with both the TX1XP and the FE31Z.
But having owned and adored the A117S before, I do not like the current pricy 17" models (e.g. AR21S). They lack everything I expect from a multimedia notebook. I cannot accept the low screen contrast, the low sound volume and the known problems with the optical drive.
After looking in vain for a new 17" notebook with high-resolution screen for over 1 year, the much less expensive FE31Z has been the best choice for me.
As for the future, I do not think that I would ever replace the TX1XP with anything else but a Sony, but otherwise I'm not sure.