Join now - be part of our community!

Bad sound from speakers

marky1969
Visitor

Bad sound from speakers

Hi, can anyone help ?

For some unknown reason the sound on my laptop is really bad.

The sound quality is really bad when playing music on WMP, windows start up / shut down and when I use mouse clicks etc.

The way I can describe the sound is that its like a metallic vibrating sound, as if the sound is stopping and starting very quickly, and is very distorted

I have a Sony VGN-F5115E

Any ideas ????

PS I have checked the Sound utility stuff etc and all is fine

5 REPLIES 5
raul
Visitor

Bloody hell !!!

I got the same problem once, and I dont know how the hech I did to fix it. On my desktop at work I got the same... I searched the net and nothing was useful... it sounded like a weird problem. On my desktop, I realised that my headphones (good ones but old) were wrong... But not when I had the problem with my laptop. I think in that cas could be a software problem related to compatibility of sound files, but I dont really know. Try this:

1.- Record your wma, mp3 files that sound that bad into a portable mp3 recorder. Then listen to them with its headphones.

2.- If the sound is fine in the mp3 player... go back and play those files with your computer and listen to them with the same headphones as you did with the mp3 player.

3.- If the sound now from the laptop is wrong, must be a sfotware problem. But alas I cant tell you the solution, dunno...

Best Regards

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

If it sounds bad through headphones too I'd return it to Sony for a repair.

profile.country.en_GB.title
koymik
New

it might be a case of bad sound driver, or if the headphones sounds fine,, then maybe its a case of busted speakers...

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi marky1969 and welcome.

This seems to be a common problem with the Realtek ALC260 2-Channel High Definition Audio Codec 3D Surround AC 97 sound chip.

caoimhe3 reported that he managed to solve the problem by installing driver ver 1.35 (from Realtek). Have a look at this thread for further information.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
marky1969
Visitor

Thanks guys

I will give all the suggestions a try and I will let you know !!!

:smileygrin: