Join now - be part of our community!

Bluetooth

berndkorteling
Visitor

Bluetooth

I've got a Vaio FE-31H, but I'm getting confused by al the different specifications I read. On some sites I read there is no Bluetooth in my laptop, and at some sites I read there is..
Now I checked my Hardware configuraion, and found a "Toshiba BT Port (COM64)". So I guess there is bluetooth at my Vaio. True?
And now my real question: If there really is Bluetooth on my Vaio, how do I activate/use it? (I would like to sync my Mobile Phone with my computer)
Thx for your answer!

24 REPLIES 24
giridhar_pn
Visitor

Hi,
Even I tried installing the driver but even during installing the bluetooth doesn't start.in the sense, it is not able to detect any bluetooth.
I removed the driver and re-installed but now the Toshiba BT under ports in Device Manager has vanished. :slight_smile:
Seems this is just a gimmick played by software or is there a real BT hidden somewhere and disabled//??
Only sony can answer.
Regards,
Giri :slight_frown:

giridhar_pn
Visitor

Hi Guys,
Bern- Same as urs.. same icon.
I did look into control panel. there was the bluetooth icon. I opened it and it had 2 com ports. com 64-- BT and another one for modem. I selected COM 64 and clicked on 'Add'. It threw a msg saying Bluetooth is not ready'.
I even used the BT connection manager but the same result.
I will ry with the drivers from vaio link.
Regards,
Giri

profile.country.en_GB.title
tonybeard
Explorer

Keep fiddling with the com port settings and you will find the com port it wants to use needs to be in pairing mode when you select it. I took several hours to pair a Sonorix headset and found that the sound card needed switching over in the bluetooth software manager before a true pairing could occur. Look in the device manager and see if it has any conflicts. :slight_smile:

berndkorteling
Visitor

Today I tried installing the driver manually. I removed the Bluetooth from the hardware list, and then started the setup of the driver I downloaded from Vaio-Link (Pre installed drivers). A Installation started, and it added the bluetooth device again. But after a while the setup asked to connect the bluetooth-device, and to press ok. I checked if it was working propperly, and it did, so I pressed ok. But it kept on asking to connect the bluetooth-device.
So I pressed cancel, but the installation told me "Bluetooth Stack" was installed correctly, and I had to restart my computer.
After that the Bluetooth Stack was installed, I checked if the Bluetooth-device was installed in the hardwarelist, and it was.
I also checked the Icon in the systemtray, but it still was only LAN, and it even did not show any bluetooth function at all.
So I checked the Control Panel, and now there was shown a bluetooth icon. But in it I couldn't activate it, nor add it. It told me the Bluetooth device was not ready.
So the last possible way it might work I could think of was by just starting the bluetooth stack. But also here it told me the Bluetooth was not ready..

What could be wrong?

giridhar_pn
Visitor

Hi,
I also encountered the same thing. Similar to what you have mentioned.
How do we get over this?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi berndkorteling

With the wireless switch set to the on position, if you right-click on the Wireless icon in the taskbar and select Show main dialog does the Switch wireless devices window appear, if so does this allow you to select either Bluetooth, Wireless Lan or both..:smileyconfused:

berndkorteling
Visitor

Hi,
first when I crossed the icon there appeared a balloon, which told me there was a Wireless Lan and a Bluetooth function, but it only showed the Wireless lan when I double-clicked it.
Now when I cross the same icon it only tells there is a Wireless Lan, and when I double0click the icon I have the same window as before, just Wireless Lan.
Btw, many thanks for helping me, I hope we'll find whats wrong :slight_smile:

giridhar_pn
Visitor

Hi,
Does having a bluetooth port means the hardware is in-built?
If yes, then I believe the latest driver for the Toshiba is in this location. I have not yet used it and I am not sure of the compatibility too.
Can someone tell me if this is compatible with FE31H laptops?

Regards
Giridhar

giridhar_pn
Visitor

Oops forgot to add the location in my prev post :smileygrin:
http://aps.toshiba-tro.de/bluetooth/pages/download.php

berndkorteling
Visitor

Thx giridhar, let's try this one.
I'll let you know how it works out
bernd