Join now - be part of our community!

BSOD When Connecting To Wireless

RudeYute
Visitor

BSOD When Connecting To Wireless

Whenever I try connecting to a wireless connection, I get a blue screen of death and the laptop restarts. It's been doing it a while, but used to work fine.

Laptop in question is a Sony Vaio FS315Z with an Intel PRO 2200BG wireless. I have tried updating software/driver, but that made no difference.

It happens when connecting to most networks, including my own Linksys WRT54GS, unsecured, with WEP or WPA2.

Apart from a fresh install, can it be fixed?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.en_GB.title
tonybeard
Explorer

Try Tune up utilities free trial hereto diagnose and fix any problems and defragment over and over till it defragments in 30 seconds then one a week. I would say your system is unstable more than hardware failure. alternatively go to the command prompt and type CHKDSK/F

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi RudeYute,

Do you get any error messages?

RudeYute
Visitor

@ TonyBeard
I thought BSOD's are to do with hardware, not software?
I will try what you suggested, as it's been a while since I uninstalled Norton Systemworks.

@ Thalamus
Just on the BSOD itself, but it goes by too fast for me to catch it.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi RudeYute

Have you looked in the Event Logs, this can be found by clicking Start then Run then type EventVwr.msc into the run box and click OK....

RudeYute
Visitor

Hi,

think I managed to cure the problem.... It was either Kaspersky AV or Firewall - Firewall is uninstalled, and AV is disabled for the time being (will enable it to test when I get a chance).

Cheers for your help guys.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi RudeYute

I would not leave your AV disabled for to long..:smileywink: