Join now - be part of our community!

Buzzing laptop???

DanDias
Visitor

Buzzing laptop???

Hi all!

I've got a new(ish) Vaio FJ1S, but it's making a buzzing noise on the left hand side. When the laptop does something (i.e. CPU or HDD activity) it will stop or do it intermittently. I'm not sure if has been doing since new as I've only noticed now I'm in a library!

I'm not sure if its normal but I thought I'd check with you guys.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Dan

4 REPLIES 4
lsomerston
Visitor

Dan i have exactly the same problem with you on a different Vaio laptop. Except my fan is coming on frequently too.

The noise is a kind of clicking sound, right, and only does it when the laptop is not in use?

DanDias
Visitor

Hi Isomerston,

Yeah, the noise is when the laptop is not in use, but cuts out when some HDD or CPU activity happens (I start a program for example). The fan also comes on every now and again like you.

It's more like a high-pitch stream for me, constant and quite annoying when in a quiet place! It is a shame as Vaios are practically silent otherwise.

I didn't notice it for a couple of months (since new), has yours always done this or has it only started recently?

If it is normal (as you have it too) I guess it is not fixable.

I wonder if a lot of peope also have this problem?

Regards,

Dan

lsomerston
Visitor

Dan,

It has only recently began. I have a feeling my laptop needs a clean inside as the fan is clogged with dust.

I am going to call Sony and see if they can do this.

DanDias
Visitor

Good call Isomerston,

Would be great if you could let me know if you have any luck, sounds like there should be a reasonable and fixable soution to our problem.

Best Regards,

Dan