Join now - be part of our community!

c1z/b Dings on shutdown

paradoxchild
Visitor

c1z/b Dings on shutdown

hello, i hope it is ok to ask a question about such a prob, but when i shut down my c1z/b laptop, there is a ding, the same as when you do something wrong, just before the screen changes from the desktop to the blue 'windows is shutting down' screen.

there is no time to see if any error is displayed, is there any way of finding the cause of the ding???

thanks

jj

5 REPLIES 5
paradoxchild
Visitor

after some repeated use of taskmgr, it appears it is a file called LVCOMSX.EXE, part of logitech's web cam software, that is causing the ding. not quite sure how to stop it short of manually ending its process but there you go. sorry for the thread.

shall i delete the thread?

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

No need to apologise - I would leave it as it may help others.

Glad you have been able to identify the culprit - may be worth trying Logitech for a solution.

You could also try disabling it in your Startup as it is not essential to the camera operation and some people consider it Spyware as it collects information from your computer and sends it to Logitech!!! A spyware program like Spybot will try and disable it.

:slight_smile:

paradoxchild
Visitor

ok thank you, i will give that a go :slight_smile:

paradoxchild
Visitor

yes, i disabled it from my startup and no more dings!

thank you

apierc1
Visitor

I think Norton can also cause such a noise (well error) as I had similar thing woth my old laptop, although I believe it has been corrected by Norton.