Join now - be part of our community!

Premier Elements missing from new sz3

mschipperheyn
Visitor

Premier Elements missing from new sz3

Hi,

I just bought a vaio sz3 in the Netherlands and Premiere Elements is missing from the computer. According to the My Club Vaio app it should be there. How am I supposed to make videos on this top of the line high end laptop? Windows Movie Maker? Come on!

Does anybody know hwta's up with this? You can\t deliver a laptop like this without decent video editing software.

Kind regards,

Marc

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Marc and welcome to the Club.

We have had this problem before. The SZ3 laptops do not come with Premier Elements installed.

If you have been sold the Vaio on the understanding that Premier Elements would be installed or have some literature saying this is the case, I would take it up with the shop that sold it to you.

There has been quite a lot of confusion about this but the Sony Specifications do not show it as included.

:slight_frown:

mschipperheyn
Visitor

Well, then it shouldn't suggest it on the my vaio tool. The point is not whether it is Adobe Premiere Elements. The point is that on any kind of laptop that has the pretence of supporting multimedia, for the record imho all VAIOs have this pretence, a decent video editing tool should be there. And crap Windows Movie Maker ain't it.

I'm getting sick and tired of getting this technology that doesn't support the most basic of tasks you might do on a laptop. Especially, if it's a VAIO, especially if it's suggested in the supplied documentation, especially if it is a ridiculously expensive machine. When I pay for the top of the line, I expect to get it.

And contacting the store is useless in any case. They'll just point to Sony and rightly so. This is not just a matter of expectations being met. This is a matter of the brand Sony supplying their top of the line with the possibility to do f... all with video. Ehh, why did I buy a Sony video camera again?

I have a Sony video camera, a Sony laptop, A Sony television. I would like Sony to show me why I wasn't wrong in choosing their brand.

I would appreciate it if someone from Sony would respond to this.

Kind regards,

Marc

mschipperheyn
Visitor

Actually, I'm so pissed off, I want to get into this a little further.

You know why I didn't buy a Macbook Pro and went with VAIO? It has a lot to with technical specifications, but in the end it comes down to TRUST. The trust that when you buy the VAIO brand, you'll get all this multimedia stuff and that like with Apple you'll never ever have to worry that you can't handle multimedia. That's just covered by Sony. I didn't have a close look at the software specifications. I knew it would be good. It's Sony.

Well, it's NOT. Yes, it's great technology. But you know when you buy this great new car and there's this big scratch on it. THAT's why I'm so pissed off. It's a betrayal of trust. Especially, when you get this chicken out mentality that sais, go to your store. That's just so easy. Of course, it would be much much harder for Sony to say. Look guys, you're right, this sucks. We'll go to Adobe, get a licensing deal and set it right.

However, when the believability of the brand is in play that's the only answer their is. Because you know what I really think? I think it was originally included. That's why it is in the My Club Vaio tool. And then some manager went and said: "look, we lost so much on these frigging batteries. Where can we skimp and save a little cash? Let's remove a few of these expensive programs. Hey, if they can afford an sz3, they might as well shell out the extra cash for a video editing license. ".

Guys, where do you think I'll be buying my next laptop?

Kind regards,

Marc

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi marc,

Welcome to Club Vaio, :slight_smile:

I'm not sure if you are aware but this is a Sony user forum, Blencogo and others do not work for Sony but give there time freely to assist in solving members problems where possible..

Official support can be sought by contacting vaio-Link

philfree
Visitor

In another forum, one guy from Sony Customer Support hotline posted Sony's customer answer guidelines for answers to SZ series common problems. You will find yours but don't know what supervisor's guidelines are (it's worth a call I'd say):

SZ1 : Unit becomes unstable when running on batteries --> BIOS Update available

SZ1 : Blue screens related to audio-video drivers, Kernel or reading memory --> do basic boot TS and recovery, if still NOK In Warranty Pick Up

SZ1 : DVD drive not working --> please escalate to engineers

SZ1/SZ2 : Spacebar not responding properly when using the left and right corners --> Please arrange an In Warranty Pick up

SZ1/SZ2: Battery ratles (moves) while connected to the VAIO --> within spec as long as the power from the battery to the VAIO is not cut

SZ3XWP : Sticker on box says that Adobe Premiere Elements is delivered, but there isn't. Please apologise to the customer regarding this, if he complains about it, please escalate to supervisor.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Superb! Thanks a lot for this, now if he can get us some AR answers that would be elite!

mschipperheyn
Visitor

I was *not* aware of this. So, no offense to the people donating their time. But I always try to stay polite. Even when I'm pissed off :slight_smile:

Kind regards,

Marc