Join now - be part of our community!

vaio recovery utility

Dabberwatcher
Visitor

vaio recovery utility

trying to do a system recovery on vgc-m1
when i try to open the 'vaio recovery utility' i get the message:

"This program runs on Sony VAIO computers only.
This computer is not recognised as a Sony VAIO computer."

anybody any ideas?

thanks
dabberwatcher

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Does this happen when you press F10 at bootup?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Dabberwatcher,

Here is Sony's solution to the problem: This Wizard can only be executed on Vaio PC's, This computer is not recognised as a Vaio PC

Dabberwatcher
Visitor

hi kee-lo, thalamus

thanks for the help, but no joy
its goin back to supplier and let them sort it

thanks again
dabberwatcher

Bert0364
Visitor

I hope you haven't sent your PC back to the suppliers yet, I had the self same problem with my V2S and after weeks of not risking installign or updating it I eventually found out what to do. On the C: drive there is a folder called utils. In this folder there is an application called utils, I simply ran this and my Sony recognition problem was resolved. I had previously emailed e-support and after a few exchanged emails the only answer they could come up with was a faulty BIOS chip that would need replacing at the cost of around £400 and as I'd not taken out an extended warranty..opps.

A-lastair-M
Visitor

I hope you haven't sent your PC back  to the suppliers yet, I had the self same problem with my V2S and after weeks of not risking installign or updating it I eventually found out what to do. On the C: drive there is a folder called utils. In this folder there is an application called utils, I simply ran this and my Sony recognition problem was resolved. I had previously emailed e-support and after a few exchanged emails the only answer they could come up with was a faulty BIOS chip that would need replacing at the cost of around £400 and as I'd not taken out an extended warranty..opps.

That was really helpful thanks. I couldn't use DVgate Plus either. It saved me doing a system recovery. That's e-supports answer to everything. ¬.¬

It started going a bit slow for some reason when I log on now but I'll see how it goes.