Join now - be part of our community!

Disable Touchpad

ExxonWerner
Visitor

Disable Touchpad

Hi!

How can i disable my Touchpad from my NB (VGN-FE31)?

I use a ext USB Mouse and when i type something then i touch unwitting the TB and I jump to another position!

i want a Tool that disable my TP if the USB mouse is used, or a Tool freeze my Mouse when I type!

I hope you can help me!

Werner

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi ExxonWerner and welcome to the forum.

I’m not certain whether this option is available for your model but try Start > All Programs > Sony Notebook Control (or similar) > Touchpad tab > Disable touchpad.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Werner,

Welcome to Club Vaio, :slight_smile:

If you type C:\Program Files\Sony\Setting Utility Series\VCCPointingDevice.exe in to Start > Run, it may allow you to either enable or disable your touchpad..

ExxonWerner
Visitor

Thanks!

But i search something that disables the TB not for ever only when I use the USB mouse.
Or freeze the Mouse when i type for some milliseconds!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Do the instructions I posted allow you to disable the mouse if so, if you repeat the process you can simply re-enable your mouse again when required.. :thinking:

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Have a look at Touch Sensitivity options on the ‘Motion tab’ of Mouse Properties – once again assuming that this option is available on your model…

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
ExxonWerner
Visitor

Thanks for your help!

That is not that what i search for! But i use the way from Thalamus!

Thx!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi ExxonWerner,

It may make the process simpler if you place a shortcut to VCCPointingDevice.exe onto your desktop..

I have included a guide on the process should you wish to create a shortcut.. :wink:

1. Right-click an open area on the desktop, point to New, and then click Shortcut.

2. Click Browse.

3. Goto C:\Program Files\Sony\Setting Utility Series and then select VCCPointingDevice.exe from the list of files, then click OK and then click Next.

4. Rename the shortcut to something more use friendly and click Finish.