Join now - be part of our community!

can anybody help me?????????/

okia
Visitor

can anybody help me?????????/

hi. i bought my VAIO notebook in Germany, and every thing is in german language, but i know only English and Russian languages. how can i change language to English?

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

You can't change it. You can only change the keyboard layout.

Systemsteuerung > Regions- und Sprachoptionen

okia
Visitor

so u want to say that it is not possible to change it at all? i have to reinstal the Windows???
and one more question. who knows the e-mail adress of sony information center which is open 24 hours a day???

seb21__
Visitor

A reinstallation wouldn't fix the problem. Your Windows version is in German. You could buy a Windows version in your native language or a multilingual version. But you can use the Sony software only with the pre-installed Windows.

That means : no VAIO-Zone, no WinDVD for VAIO, etc.

The best would be to return the VAIO and buy a new one maybe in russia. But then you would have an russian Windows.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

No, worse, you have to buy an English copy.

www.vaio-link.com is where you speak to eSupport

seb21__
Visitor

Is that possible?

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I mean a retail copy, but it's not the best solution

wheresmybeaver
Visitor

Apart from the problems mentioned previously, the main thing that would bother me about using a German laptop with an English OS would be the keyboard... They've swapped the Q with the bloody Z!

But you could at least download the Vaio utilities with a fresh English Windows XP? Who really needs Vaio Zone and WinDVD for Vaio?

seb21__
Visitor

They've swapped the Q with the bloody Z!

LOL, where is problem? It's no problem to change the keys.:smileytongue:
But was it not the Z which was changed with the Y?