Join now - be part of our community!

CAN'T REINSTALL WINDOWS XP!!!

lilangel321
Visitor

CAN'T REINSTALL WINDOWS XP!!!

I bought my Vaio from Comet on Friday and, as it had been the display model, the store had been using XP to demnstrate the system. They couldn't find the Restore CD which came with the computer but said that I could get one from Sony.

Ihaven't contacted Sony as yet but borrowed an XP disc from a friend and have repeatedly tried to re-install Windows. I just keep getting the error message "Invalid CD Key" during setup even though I'm using the product key from the back of the base unit.

Can anyone help please?

1 REPLY 1
reaper
Visitor

hi lilangel

it would be wise to wait for your recovery disk as then you can just restore the drive which would wipe all disk c (and d if needed)

you could always try and use a restore point that are stored by windows on the web go to help and support to see how to do this .... its good to use system restore points before you try and install anything big say like an os

as for the error msg this is proberly happening because the xp version is proberly an oem and you are trying to repair it/reinstall over a different package

regards ben