Join now - be part of our community!

CHANGING LANGUAGE TO ENGLISH

profile.country.en_GB.title
danros0
Visitor

CHANGING LANGUAGE TO ENGLISH

Hello guys,

My father who lives in France bought me a Sony laptop. Great... but since I live in the UK, is there a way to change the language from French to English?
I tried to change the parameters in Regional Settings but all the titles, icons... in Vista are still in French. I guess I'll probably have to get a Vista in English version but I don't want to pay for another licence. Would Windows swap my French Vista for an English version? Is there another way?

Merci!

Dany

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Dany and welcome to Club Vaio.

Unfortunately, a French OEM License has been purchased so you only have two choices: -

1. Purchase an English copy of Vista.

2. Upgrade to Vista Ultimate which allows for the installation of a Language Pack in English.

These are not easy answers because it is very difficult to install a non-Sony version of Vista - it is not a straightforward job for a normal user.

I would have a work with Sony Support to see if there is anything they can do to help but I think they will be constrained by Microsoft's Copyright rules.

:thinking:

profile.country.en_GB.title
danros0
Visitor

Thanks for message. Since I speak French, I'm going to leave it this way. I wanted my partner to use my laptop as well but I guess French books are on order for xmas!