Join now - be part of our community!

Clicking Sound From FE11S? what is it?

Spinstorm
Visitor

Clicking Sound From FE11S? what is it?

Hey

I got an FE11S two days ago and this morning I heard a clicking sound that started for no apperent reason and would happen every 30 seconds roughly - it happened 5 or 6 times then I restarted the laptop (as I was trying to sleep and clicking noises are annoying in that situation!).

I has not occured since then, although before it started it had been on for about 14 hours (plugged in of course!).

I am guessing the harddrive and processor are at the front of the laptop as that is where the most heat is and where it sounds like the harddrive is when I can hear it, but this sound was coming from the back near the battery or speakers.

It may have been from the speakers themselves but it could have been from something else (although the speakers were muted on the laptop when it happened).

I phoned Sony and they said if it happens again let them know which I will so what could it be? any ideas? I hope it is just a one off dodgy PC momment as I would hate to have a serious problem on a new laptop! By the way everything is and was working perfectly there is no obvious problem with anything the PC is doing just that clicking sound which happened for a few mins before I restarted it.

65 REPLIES 65
surfcrazedscot
Visitor

Does anyone from Sony actually have a look at these posts? You would think that after 8 pages of the same problem it would occur to someone that they should get one of their technical people to post some ideas or suggestions - and I don't mean the stock answers you get from their online support people.:smileyfrustrated:

VaioWoman1
Visitor

:smileyblush: :smileyblush: :smileyblush: :smileyblush: " My apologies! My error! Wrong thread!" :smileyblush: :smileyblush: :smileyblush: :smileyblush:

:rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose:

knock_knock2006
Visitor

:smileyblush: :smileyblush: :smileyblush: :smileyblush: " My apologies!  My error!  Wrong thread!" :smileyblush: :smileyblush: :smileyblush: :smileyblush: 

:rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose:

it's alright...!!!

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

You would think Sony would, but they don't like to deal with Club VAIO, they like to keep it personal on VAIO-Link

karame83
Visitor

Like most of you I also have experienced annoying clicking sound coming from hard drive of my brand new FE-11S. After waiting for about a month now I decided to take action and called Dutch Vaio support. Unfortunately they say that this is not familiar problem and that this is probably normal behavior of hard drive.:smileyconfused:
Has anybody of you solved this problem of returned their laptop to Sony?

profile.country.en_NL.title
Carelino
Visitor

Go to this link: Sequal Clicking sound FE11S

I've been trough all the problems and according to sony my problem is fixed. Just check the link were the solution is (according to Sony), there is more information coming on that thread.

matrb
Visitor

Hallo everyone!
I experience the same problem with the annoying sound! I have read all the posts and i would like to know if sony solved the problem. Carelino let us know if your vaio is ok. If it is maybe i have to send my vaio to sony.
Thank you.

surfcrazedscot
Visitor

I'd like to offer some consolation to all those pi**ed off FE11S owners out there.

I've written a letter to the President of Sony-Europe expressing my feelings about this and I've also contacted "What Laptop" magazine who have taken up my case and are going to ask Sony for a statement on what's been happening with their FE11S model. I'll post again with any progress I make.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Great, keep us posted

surfcrazedscot
Visitor

**UPDATE**

Sony have still not responded. One of their "analysts" was supposed to be contacting me but since that was 10 days ago I'm not holding out much hope.

What Laptop magazine have taken up the case on my behalf so hopefully I'll have more information soon.

I really can't believe the dreadful service Sony are providing on this issue. I would urge anyone who has this problem to do the same as I did. The more of us that complain, the more likely Sony will take some notice. They need a damn good dose of bad publicity to wake them up.