Join now - be part of our community!

Clicking Sound From FE11S? what is it?

Spinstorm
Visitor

Clicking Sound From FE11S? what is it?

Hey

I got an FE11S two days ago and this morning I heard a clicking sound that started for no apperent reason and would happen every 30 seconds roughly - it happened 5 or 6 times then I restarted the laptop (as I was trying to sleep and clicking noises are annoying in that situation!).

I has not occured since then, although before it started it had been on for about 14 hours (plugged in of course!).

I am guessing the harddrive and processor are at the front of the laptop as that is where the most heat is and where it sounds like the harddrive is when I can hear it, but this sound was coming from the back near the battery or speakers.

It may have been from the speakers themselves but it could have been from something else (although the speakers were muted on the laptop when it happened).

I phoned Sony and they said if it happens again let them know which I will so what could it be? any ideas? I hope it is just a one off dodgy PC momment as I would hate to have a serious problem on a new laptop! By the way everything is and was working perfectly there is no obvious problem with anything the PC is doing just that clicking sound which happened for a few mins before I restarted it.

65 REPLIES 65
Pakosc
Visitor

Hi opusensemble,

We have noticed your post. No need to post several times the same message. Is is considered spam and might lead to a ban...quote]

Now they are trying to threat us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

There's a code of conduct to protect ALL members on this forum, and one member has just totally DISREGARDED it, so yes, it might be a threat, but it's one to protect this club, it's members and the people who use it.

If you don't like the treatment from Sony Europe, then complain, just stop causing trouble on this forum and annoying the staff and general public!

Pakosc
Visitor

What - suddenly i'm causing trouble... don't think so mate, it's rather this company who's doing that!!!
Freedom of speech!!!!!!!!!!

thanos_k
Visitor

the revence is taking place!....vaios have soul!
sony is down 93% of her economical stuation in compare with one year before!
Batery recall u know!!!!! 28billion yiens loosing

nothing is clear about sony in the future now...

Pakosc
Visitor

That's great news!

qunbulah
Visitor

thats very funny becuase my AR21S is also making this clicking sound