Join now - be part of our community!

connecting vaio to sony hd lcd tv

profile.country.en_GB.title
kemp596
Visitor

connecting vaio to sony hd lcd tv

Hi, i have a sony vaio vgn-fw51mf/h laptop,  when i try connect it to my tv which is a sony bravia lcd full HD, i can only set the resolution on the laptop to a maximum of 720p.   Does anyone know why this is, as when the laptop isnt connected to the tv the resolution changes back to 1080p.   any help would be much appreciated thanks !

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

There does not appear to be a new graphics driver available.  So you may have to wait for another user to come forward with some ideas.

In the meantime make sure to TV HDMI is set to 1080p.

Also are you using a high quality HDMI cable?  If not, see if you can borrow one and see if it makes a difference to the maximum resolution.

:thinking:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kemp596
Visitor

oh ok, i just presumed that as the laptop was able to display 1080p that i would be able to display it on the tv in 1080 aswel. 

Yeh i made sure that the tv was set to HD already, stil no joy.

As for the the quality of the HDMI cable, i have no idea, its just the one spare that was left from when i had virgin media installed so i presume that it wont be a very good quality one. Will see if i can get hold of a good quality one and see if that makes a difference.    thanks for the reply !