Join now - be part of our community!

Dark shade on LCD

profile.country.en_PK.title
xs2ahmed
Visitor

Dark shade on LCD

Hi Guys,
I purchased sony vaio FE31H a month ago from comet,
Today i changed my wallpaper to white, I am shocked to see some dark pixels on the bottom right corner of the LCD, there is a dark shade over there, ....when the LCD brightness is 100% the dark shade can be observed only if seen carefully, but as soon as i drop the brightness it becomes more and more prominent,
I am really worried , can any one suggest me what should i do.
Thanks,
Ahmed

3 REPLIES 3
apierc1
Visitor

I have no answer for this but mine is the same (FE21M) E-Support told me to enter Bios and if the shadow was there too then the machine would need to be picked up and taken for repair, I'm not sure it's really bad enough to get this done. I think the X-Black screens have a few problems really, and after having so many problems last time they treid to repair my Vaio screen I'm scared to send off for repair.

profile.country.en_PK.title
xs2ahmed
Visitor

I would really not like to let it be repaired,
The problem seems to be from the very first day, its only that i by chance came to figure it out recently,...
giving preference to sony laptop over the others was only due to my wish for a much better LCD,
X black LCD technology doesnt seems to be as good as the sony claim.
Is there a way that they replace the laptop ?

apierc1
Visitor

Unless you're within the tiem to return it to comet, usually something like 28 days, my guess would be no i'm afraid.