Join now - be part of our community!

Dead pixels! Help! - S5XP Urgent

Mr_DoughBoy
Visitor

Dead pixels! Help! - S5XP Urgent

Can someone please help me, Ive had my Sony S5XP for about 3 months now and its all been great however today when I switch on my laptop I notice a cluster of Dead or Lazy Pixels on my LCD.

Theres about 2 or 3 of black spots (def more than 1) near the bottom right hand side of the screen near the taskbar. It wasnt there the day before and it hasnt been damaged in anyway that I know of, I always put it into my hard backed case after Im finished with it.

I bought the laptop from John Lewis however Ive already had to return 2 laptops to them, the first was a problem with the backlight that they said was faulty and the second had 4 or more dead pixels at the top when I bought them, they were replaced by John lewis but I returned them within the first 7 days.

The 3rd laptop has been fine until now, if I return it to John Lewis will it be likely they will send it off to sony to replace the LCD? Or would you suggest ringing sony first? I've heard that John Lewis have a zero policy for dead pixels on another forum is this true?

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Can someone please help me, Ive had my Sony S5XP for about 3 months now and its all been great however today when I switch on my laptop I notice a cluster of Dead or Lazy Pixels on my LCD.

Theres about 2 or 3 of black spots (def more than 1) near the bottom right hand side of the screen near the taskbar. It wasnt there the day before and it hasnt been damaged in anyway that I know of, I always put it into my hard backed case after Im finished with it.

I bought the laptop from John Lewis however Ive already had to return 2 laptops to them, the first was a problem with the backlight that they said was faulty and the second had 4 or more dead pixels at the top when I bought them, they were replaced by John lewis but I returned them within the first 7 days.

The 3rd laptop has been fine until now, if I return it to John Lewis will it be likely they will send it off to sony to replace the LCD? Or would you suggest ringing sony first? I've heard that John Lewis have a zero policy for dead pixels on another forum is this true?

Hi Mr_DoughBoy,

Here is a link for Sony Faulty Pixels Policy.

Mr_DoughBoy
Visitor

7 or more dead pixels? Will John Lewis be any different do you know? Its most annoying these dead pixels...

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

7 or more dead pixels? Will John Lewis be any different do you know? Its most annoying these dead pixels...

I have not had any dealings with John Lewis but unless any other forum members can help you I guess a quick phone call to JL could answer that question for you.