Join now - be part of our community!

disable sound tray icon after installing SP2

fyyaman
Visitor

disable sound tray icon after installing SP2

I re-install my vaio PCG-Z1XMP and it is updated to SP2 then there is no sound icon in the system sray bar; but it is clicked in the menu of showing the icon in the task bar. I learned that
'Microsoft regards the Yamaha AC-XG sound driver as being unstable and may compromise system stability. When Service Pack 2 is installed, Windows will disable the sound driver. Yamaha does not supply drivers directly and asks you to check with your computer manufactuer for new sound drivers.'
My driver version is 6.13.10.3156 and no update is available in the sony site. How can we solve this problem?

Thanks for all information now...

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Disappearing system tray icons are a known fault within Windows XP.

You could try reinstalling the Yamaha chip by
1. Turn on your VAIO and insert the Recovery CD supplied with your VAIO in the CD-ROM drive.
2. Right-click Start and click Explore.
3. Under Folders, browse to: G:\drivers\Sound\Yamaha\Setup.
4. Double-click Setup.exe and your sound card will be reinstalled automatically!

If this doesn't work, try toggling the 'Show Icon in System Tray" to Off and then back to On.

Failing this you will have to access your sound settings through Control Panel.

:slight_frown:

jay_gob
Visitor

To add to this post I suggest disabling UPnP in My Network Places.

After a long hard search I found this did the trick quite nicely. I tried the show icon in system tray but it to no avail.

Anyway hope it helps the situation

fyyaman
Visitor

yes ok....solve this problem your suggestion but after the update of windows(software distribution services and other updates) finished; uninstall this triver and then seach by hardwire changes to find new detection of audio ...then show original driver location to re-install driver then its OK...