Join now - be part of our community!

Drive keyboard Vaio VGN-S4M/S - Win XP SP2 - Portuguese (Brazil)

chicosantana
Visitor

Drive keyboard Vaio VGN-S4M/S - Win XP SP2 - Portuguese (Brazil)

I have one notebook Vaio VGN-S4M/S. I had that to format the HD and i installed Win XP-SP2 in Portuguese (Brezil). I am not obtaining to configure the keyboard (also the keyboard keys special - Fn). What I make? Where I obtain drives?

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi chico santana and welcome.

To configure your keyboard layout go to Control Panel > Regional and Language Options > Languages tab > Details > Add – select your input language and keyboard layout.

The Fn keys need some Sony Utilities. Download the pre-installed utility package for your model from Vaio Link and then install the following (in this order)

1 Sony Utilities – installer folder 1
2 Sony Shared Library – installer folder 2
3 Vaio Event Service – installer folder 7

….then re-boot. You may find it necessary to repeat this procedure two or three times before all works as it should.

Vaio-Link

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
chicosantana
Visitor

Hi Rich,

Thank you for its aid. I continue with doubts:
1. Already I am with the configured language;
2. I do not know which the model of the keyboard. But that it is the model of the Europe, bought in Germany.
3. I did not obtain to locate the data of the Fn keyboard key. Where it is Sony Shared Library?
4. The archive Vaio Event Service is executable (.exe). It is for installing everything or only folder 7?

Thank you,
Chico

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi chico,

Have a look
HERE and see whether you can identify the layout of your keyboard.

Did you follow my link to download the pre-installed utilities? Click here.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
chicosantana
Visitor

Hi Rich,

I obtained to configure the keyboard and the language. It remains only the Fn keyboard key and the too much functions of the keyboard. My doubts are:
1 - The installation sequence is all in the folder Sony Utilities? Download that I made of this folder has 12 archives.
2 - Where it is Sony Shared Library? It is archive 2 of the folder Sony Utilities?
3 - The archive Vaio Event Service that I made download is executable (.exe) and is not in the folder of Sony Utilities. It is for installing this or only archive 7 of the folder of Sony Utilities?

At last, summarizing, all the archives to be installed are in the folder Sony Utilities?

Thank you,

Chico

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi chico,

When you extract the pre-installed utilities you will find the 12 folders you mention in the Utils folder.

Utils Installer folder 1 is the application Sony Utilities Dll and contains an executable Setup.exe – run this first.

Then Utils Installer folder 2 contains Sony Shared Library for XP – run setup.exe.

Finally Utils Installer folder 7 contains VAIO Event Service – run setup.exe.

I hope this helps.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
chicosantana
Visitor

Hi Rich,
Everything decided!…
Thank you,
Chico

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

No problem Chico, pleased to have been of help:smileyhappy: