Join now - be part of our community!

For our Sony VAIO VGN-FS owners

profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

For our Sony VAIO VGN-FS owners

The picture which you can see here is a PCG-FR315S. But that is uninteresting.

You all know that small piece of plastic (orange arrow). That is a very fragile piece. Particuarly on the FS series. Here was a lot posts like :

"Help that thing is broken"

So, please use the thing (yellow circle) to open the lock, if you want close you laptop.

Thanks for your interest.
:hugging:

27 REPLIES 27
CaseMillennium
Visitor

Funny, but that is not the problem on the FS Series. The Hook is bad aligned. When you close the display, the hook doesn´t settle down in the middle of the holes but instead scraps along one side of the opening. So in my opinion, this is a production fault. The hooks should be placed in a way that the don´t have contact to any side of the holes.

seb21__
Visitor

You mean that the hook sit not correct in the lock? That is really shitty.

That sounds for me, that Sony must fetch back all VAIOs of the FS115 serie. Because I think they have fixed the problem with the FS215 serie.

Awwwe, my opinion about Sony becomes poorer and poorer.

Please, could you make a picture of this problem like me?
You can use Photobucket to show the pictures here. It's free.
I would use Photoshop to make the picture a bit smaller. I use JPEG compression with 30% quality, 400x300 pixel.

http://photobucket.com/

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Excellent tip Seb, use the slider

Eugenepang
Visitor

This is my old X18 which the hook look similer to FS series.. but it was good quality made in Japan... so no problems at all after 5 years..

Now this is the new A series.. notice the 2 slim thing.. now that worrying.. but i think its metal... anyway will take very very good care of it..

Ps. sorry picture quality is bad.. took the picture with my ipaq built in camera which is 1.2MP. and its really bad without natural daylight.

seb21__
Visitor

Yeah, I have no problems with the hook too.

BTW: LOL, I thought the quality of built in cameras would be better today.:smileyshocked:

GBS
Visitor

Thanks Seb
ROFL:smileygrin: :cool:
Good explanation.....Nice pictures....

seb21__
Visitor

LOL, don't forget to use the slider if you opens the laptop.:smileytongue:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Eugene, so there's no slider?

seb21__
Visitor

Eugene, so there's no slider?

I think on the FS and A series, you open the lock with the slider.